My dream come true

Highly Sociable

This has been top of my wish list for some time and we have finally booked the eastbound crossing on QM2 from NY to Southampton on 24th October. :p

I know I'm going to have a great time. but as it's our first trip, just a few questions which I hope someone can help with.

• We are a party of four and have two cabins on different decks. Will we be able to board together?
  • My teenage daughter is convinced that she is going to be bored. She is 14 - going on 18! What is there for her and my son (10) to do?

Thanks in advance.

My teenage daughter is convinced that she is going to be bored. She is 14 - going on 18! What is there for her and my son (10) to do?

From what I saw of the Zone I don't think that your children will be bored. Every time that we took our daughter (17mths) to the Play zone (1 -6 yrs) there seemed to be a lot of activity in the other room (7-17). they have video games, movies etc. and if the staff are even have as good as the ones in the younger childrens room then they will make sure that they don't get bored.

Elsewhere on the ship there are pools, a basketball court, paddle tennis. (all weather dependant of course)

I would be suprised if you see your children very much during the crossing.

Hello Highly Sociable,

Congratulations on your dream coming true. :D

To answer your first question. Yes you will be able to board the ship together even though your cabins are on different decks.

Believe me, your 14 year old daughter will not be bored. There is a video arcade on deck 2, the library/bookstore on deck 8, which also has computers. And of course there are the shops and the spa and salon. You can make appointments for a manicure and/or pedicure or to have her hair done.

There is also the play zone for your 10 year old.

Oh, and since this will be in October, you all may enjoy the indoor pool.

Enjoy your crossing. :)

Maria

Archived