tampa restaurants near embassay suites downtown

joy seas

We just purchased an amazing deal for restaurant vouchers to several tampa eateries - and are wondering, are they good? close to our hotel? We're hoping they may be in walking distance, on the trolley line, or a cheap cab ride..... We're staying at embassay suites downtown, and the restaurants are streetcar charlies, margarita mamas, ashley grill and bar,and the bay cafe. Any info appreciated! Thanks!

Of those you listed, only Streetcar Charlies is close/easily accessible by the trolley car. I've not been there & haven't heard much one way or the other on quality of the food.

The others would all be 5 to 15 minutes away by cab. Ashley Grill would be next closest, then Bay Cafe, then Margarita Mamas (if that's the one I think it is, out on Rocky Point).

Hmm, it did not seem to accept my "edit."

It should probably be mentioned that Streetcar Charlies is a bar & grill, tavern type place, that is very popular with the gay/lesbian crowd (and markets itself heavily to that crowd). I believe that as the evening goes on, it moves from being primarily a restaurant atmosphere to being primarily a gay bar atmosphere. Some might be uncomfortable in that atmosphere. Whether or not you are can only be answered by you.

Archived