Istanbul-Greece Kusadasi Dining with the Gods

nkswa

I recently noticed that Windstar on their Turkey/Greece cruise are offering 'Dining with the Gods on steps of the Celsus Library. In older posts I've read this is a wonderful experience but wow the cost is astronomical!

If you have experienced this meal/excursion I'd love to hear your views on it.

Are shore excursions booked through Windstar, paid for in advance/at the time of booking?

Thanks in anticipation....

I am doing the Athens to Istanbul on July 12 and that excursion does not show up for me I believe it is because we sail from Kusadasi at 4:00pm the reverse cruise sails from Kusadasi at 10:30pm. Probably because we have a long sail to get into Istanbul early. I am pretty sure you have to pay for the shore excursions when you book them. It is the normal practice and I think I had to last year on Windstar

I heard that they had reinstated the dining experience at Ephesus. It was not offered when we sailed 2 years ago, but I remember being there and imagining how incredible it would be in such a historic setting. I don't know what the cost is, but I would be willing to indulge in somewhat of a splurge for a setting like that.

Yes, I remember previous posts saying it was wonderful....but at $299 ea it would be a big splurge. I'll need to check our other shore excursions and see what I can save. Thanks for answering. Noelene

We are also interested in this excursion.

It has been described as: "the setting was surreal" and those who participated said it was one of the "highlights of their trip."

I think in spite of the low Canadian dollar, we will take advantage of this.