non water sport excursion/activity?

travelingla

2 female friends getting away from family and work for a week - We will be porting in Montego Bay 8-4.....we are really not interested in any of the water sports / activities/ beach, etc.

My friend does NOT enjoy being couped up on a bus for hours on end either....

Is there anything else you would recommend? Any cooking or food tours?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!

We are heading down there for a long weekend next week. Planning on hitting the Hip Strip for shopping, eating local foods and having some cocktails. I'll let you know what it's like when we return.

You could hire a driver for a day to take you to some local jerk huts and the like! Sounds like a fun day to me.

Not sure if this is offerd as an excursion... We have always enjoyed the humming bird sanctuary in the town of Rocklands. It is about a 20-30 minute drive (each way) from the Montego Bay pier. You sit with a small bottle of sugar water and wait for the humming birds or Doctor birds to come and perch right on your finger and sip the water. After that, they will take you on a short tour of their lovely grounds - pointing out many native trees and plants.

You would have plenty of time to stop in Montego Bay for a nice jerk chicken lunch and some shopping.

Another option could be one of the Great House tours right outside Montego Bay. Green Wood Great House or Rose Hall Great House have nice tours of the old sugar plantations.

Edited by ReggaeRoy

We are heading down there for a long weekend next week. Planning on hitting the Hip Strip for shopping, eating local foods and having some cocktails. I'll let you know what it's like when we return.

You could hire a driver for a day to take you to some local jerk huts and the like! Sounds like a fun day to me.

I actually began some searching and thought the Hip Strip might be fun -- just not sure yet how far from the cruise port it is -- will check into taxis.

and thank you also, Reggae Roy.... those are unique ideas to check into!

I actually began some searching and thought the Hip Strip might be fun -- just not sure yet how far from the cruise port it is -- will check into taxis.

and thank you also, Reggae Roy.... those are unique ideas to check into!

I'm heading down a week from today. I'll fill you in when I get back!