Majesty: help needed

Hi all

I haven't done a Thompson cruise before and have just booked to take my grandkids for a week in February.

I just checked the brochure and there isn't any tea/coffee facilities in the cabin so my question is can I take a travel kettle on board

Many thanks for any help you can provide

Thanks Linda but in the brochure ther is only tea/coffee in junior or suites nothing for inside or outside cabins, will just have to learn how to function without my early morning coffee:(

Very odd. You ask for advice, get given the correct information and choose to ignore it. Just checked the last 2 versions of the brochure online and both clearly state more than once that all ships, including Majesty, have tea and coffee making facilities in the cabins.

The advice Linda has given is correct, and I can confirm from personal experience.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/brochures/cruise.html

Many apologies didn't mean to offend anyone

Not offended bridmo - enjoy your cruise and enjoy your morning cuppa. We love the Majesty.

BTW not sure which grade of cabin you have booked, but I recommend a plus cabin as the basic ones are very small and only have one wardrobe :eek:

Hi,

I would like to know if these tea/coffee making facilities actually mean a kettle (rather than a coffee machine like you get in Motel's in USA :eek: ), and what sort of tea, coffee and milk do you get? Or should I just pack some tea bags to take with me?:D

Thanks.

Hi,

I would like to know if these tea/coffee making facilities actually mean a kettle (rather than a coffee machine like you get in Motel's in USA :eek: ), and what sort of tea, coffee and milk do you get? Or should I just pack some tea bags to take with me?:D

Thanks.

Yes, you get a kettle with 2 x tea bags & 2 x coffee per day, but you can get them from the buffet as well to top up your stocks.

We were on the Majesty in 2012

Had a fab cruise we absolutely loved the ship and the crew were fantastic ( as usual)

I would recommend eating in the MDR ( main dining room) for breakfast and evening meals as the buffet gets very busy at breakfast time . You can still help yourself at breakfast in the MDR it's just more relaxed as the waiters look after you and bring toast and really, coffee etc.

There are two mdr's Four seasons ( which we preferred as its smaller and I think it's the only one they use at breakfast too ) and Seven Seas.

Service in both is very good and the food was excellent .

We used the buffet at lunch times when onboard and it was fine with a good selection but we much preferred Four seasons at night.

I'm sure you've seen in the brochure but there's one formal night a week ( usually the sea day) where everyone gets a bit dressed up and you can have champagne before dinner at the captains cocktail party . The meal that night in the MDR is usually a bit more special and it's the only night when there are two sittings ( you get a card telling you which your on).

We also booked the Bistro a couple of nights ( where you pay a supplement) and it was very good.

I'm sure you'll have a fab time , if you need any more info just ask I'm sure someone will help 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

but you can get them from the buffet as well to top up your stocks.

no nescafe sachets in the buffet on dream at christmas:( just the stuff out of the urns

dont know if they have done likewise on maj?

Edited by geomagot

Was onboard last month, and there are kettles in all cabins now. There are Nescafe sachets, both ordinary and decaf, and teabags in the cabin, though I brought our own Tetley bags

Edited by SheilaA
Clarification

Many thanks for the really helpful posts my grandkids are so excited to do a cruise, I don't think we'll get to use the mdr's as they are quite picky and will be really happy with the buffet

I'll be taking my kenco decaf for my early morning and late night fix lol ;)

The MDR is fine for breakfast, Bridmo. As Dreamgirl says, it is a buffet. We used it the first time, but last year we used the buffet as they had added a new one which is very nice. Also the buffet is laid out with tablecloths and flowers at night, so really nice to eat there then as well. We did on several nights.

If you don't want to dress up on formal night, you can use the buffet.

Any more queries, we will all try to help :) Are you going soon?

Thank you Linda

Yes we are going in half term, 13 Feb and depending on the menu I'm hoping to get at least one night in the mdr but as I said the kids are picky but we will see

Again thanks for all the help