Cruise only question

I've been looking at flying to Barbados in April and noticed the Atlantic crossing starts with a Carribean cruise.Does anybody know if it would be possible to join cruise in Barbados on 12th April and leave the cruise in Antigua on 16th before the ship starts the Atlantic crossing.I know if you asked agents computer would say no.

I've been looking at flying to Barbados in April and noticed the Atlantic crossing starts with a Carribean cruise.Does anybody know if it would be possible to join cruise in Barbados on 12th April and leave the cruise in Antigua on 16th before the ship starts the Atlantic crossing.I know if you asked agents computer would say no.

Probably not - at least at a reduced price since they would then be doing the TA bit with empty cabins and that affects income - passengers on board for lots of days do spend more than if they're off the ship. You might get a late bargain reduction which makes it cost effective though to book the whole holiday but jump ship in Antigua (but let them know of course!)

you can cruise as a walk on passenger (and pay a cruise only - no flights - fare) and leave the cruise whenever you wish (just as long as you let them know on-board that you are leaving)

but...you wont get a discounted fare for the unused days

Yes it is possible as if someone is taken ill on board and has to leave the ship then this scenario would happen.

Likewise if you needed to terminate a cruise and fly home to see a sick relative for example.

It is imperative that you notify Reception that you are leaving the ship and not returning as you are likely to be walking off with suitcases you will need to let reception know so they can make gangway security aware.

Seems to be an expensive way of getting to Antigua though if you don't mind me saying !!

Seems to be an expensive way of getting to Antigua though if you don't mind me saying !!

not necessarily?... we have friends who cruised over to jamaica (home for christmas) on the dream t/a this year which worked out roughly the same price as flying over there on the virgin;):cool:

Just fancied the holiday in Barbados and the last 5 days of the cruise before it crossed Atlantic,partner works in college so has to be back after Easter break.Also fancied a day at Test Match in Antigua most hotels booked up that week.It was only a thought.t

Thanks for your replies.