HIE Rocky Point Cruise Shuttle Question

Lorilew24

Does anyone know the cruise shuttle schedule? Also, we will not arrive to the hotel until later in the evening the night before our cruise. How quickly do the cruise shuttle spots fill up?

It would be helpful if you told us what city you are talking about.

We've used the HIE RP twice and unless the schedule has changed, the shuttles ran at 11am , noon, and 1pm. You can only sign up for the shuttle once you've arrived and checked-in at the hotel. I tried phoning early from the airport and was told it was a no-no. I was also not allowed to sign up a roll-call friend who had a later flight.

It depends on how many cruisers the hotel has that day as to how quick the shuttle times fill-up. On our last cruise, there were not a lot of cruisers so we all ended up being able to get on the 11 am shuttle. In fact, we were all ready and waiting at 10:45 so the driver took us early. On our first cruise it seemed the entire hotel was cruising, they ran all 3 shuttle times, so it could go either way.

When you get to the port, the driver will tell you where to meet up for the return shuttle. He will give you a business card with a ph# to the hotel. Just put it in your phone, to save time looking for it later.

After the cruise and when you have your luggage in hand and are through customs, call the hotel and they will send a shuttle. Chances are very good that someone else has already called and they will then let you know the shuttle is on it's way. It makes 2 stops on the way back, airport for flyers and hotel for drivers. They do have 2 shuttle vans running at the same time so the wait time is minimal.

It's about a 15 min ride to/from the port.

***** Tip, grab a porter when you are getting your luggage at debark. He/She will get you through customs much quicker and knows exactly where the pick-up spot is located. It is across the street at the ground level of the parking garage. Without the porter it can be a pain to drag lots of luggage that far. It's definetly worth a few $ tip.

*** If it were me, and I somehow ended up with the 1pm shuttle time, I would see if another couple wanted to split a taxi and then leave around 10:30-10:45 ish. It is around $25 to the port.

You could still use the return shuttle. It just depends on how set you are to get there early. Some folks actually like the later shuttle as things are somewhat calmer at the port by then and once boarded,

cabins should be ready.

:) Have Fun !

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Cari, thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know!!! Thanks again.

You're welcome.

Also, when you check-in at the hotel, ask for a BayView on at least the 2nd floor. We've had both BayView and the dreaded parking lot view. Bayview- obviously much nicer.

Also, The Bahama Breeze restaurant is next door. They usually have a wait for a table. You can call them and have your name placed on the waitlist, if you want. Otherwise, it's no big deal to have a cocktail or two and listen to their outside band. Here is a link with their ph#, menu and a live music schedule.

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations/?restaurantid=3004

Have Fun.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

• 2 weeks later...
How much is the shuttle? Can you pay for it separately or is it a package deal?

Also how much would a taxi be from the hotel to the port, for comparison? Would $25 be accurate?

No, you must book the cruise pkg at the hotel. The shuttle is included.

A taxi would be from $25-30 each way, so you could work out the room rate only and see if you would benefit. Chances are that the cruise pkg is a better deal if you are a couple. If you could find another couple to share the taxi rate & tip, it may work to your benefit.