Freedom Review - March 2017 - Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

kc58ab

It sounds like overall, you had a great cruise. Hopefully, you will hear back from Carnival about the items left behind in the safe.

We sailed on the Freedom last September, same itinerary. We enjoyed the cruise, all had a great time at the port stops, had fun prior to the cruise in Galveston, but not at the Port of Galveston. It was very unorganized, and if I can help it, I will not cruise from there again. Which is why I'm sailing on the Vista twice before she moves there. :D

We are on the Vista in April and were thinking of booking Pearly Beach also. Are the loungers included in the price or are they extra...thank you

Yes they were included. Also ones with umbrellas and being wasn't packed with people we got some in the shade.

It sounds like overall, you had a great cruise. Hopefully, you will hear back from Carnival about the items left behind in the safe.

We sailed on the Freedom last September, same itinerary. We enjoyed the cruise, all had a great time at the port stops, had fun prior to the cruise in Galveston, but not at the Port of Galveston. It was very unorganized, and if I can help it, I will not cruise from there again. Which is why I'm sailing on the Vista twice before she moves there. :D

I can say we went out Galveston in 2015 and it wasn't near as bad as this time. They didn't have check in times then either so hopefully it will be better in future.

This is the menu...except I don't remember sausage and greens being on it. I liked the beef with kansas city sauce and mac n cheese. The beef was so tender it would fall apart on your fork.

guys2.png

I don't recall seeing green beans or sausage either.

I felt the same way about Galveston. I've cruised out of New Orleans four times. In New Orleans the shuttle from the garage drops me off, a porter is right there to get my bags, I walk in, go upstairs, through security, and check in.

Galveston it was walk 50 yards one way to get to where you drop your bags off. There were tons of porters walking around with empty carts but none seemed interested in taking our bags. Finally I just dropped them off myself. Then you have to walk that 50 yards back to get to the port entrance. Then there was a ridiculous line to go through security. Then another ridiculous line to check in. I'll take New Orleans any day over that.

Yes, it was locked. I would figure at some point they have to have a master key to unlock them when ppl leave them locked and get off board. I would think it would make sense it would be the room steward to do that. I'm sure there are plenty of honest people, but I'm not banking on it.

Seriously? You think that the room steward should have a key to your safe?

Yes, it was locked. I would figure at some point they have to have a master key to unlock them when ppl leave them locked and get off board. I would think it would make sense it would be the room steward to do that. I'm sure there are plenty of honest people, but I'm not banking on it.

The room stewards do not have keys to the safes. Some in maintenance have keys to the safes, but no access to rooms without being let in. That sucks that she left her stuff in the safe and Carnival will return it. Have patience, the ship just took off for another sailing.:cool:

Seriously someone must. Doubt they send in the CFO ...or some high, prestigious position. So yeah I would think someone in that type of role.

Seriously someone must. Doubt they send in the CFO ...or some high, prestigious position. So yeah I would think someone in that type of role.

They have proper safeguards in place, no pun intended. :p The people with access to your safe don't have access to your room and vice versa. Calling your stewards honesty into question may have touched a nerve with some.

They have proper safeguards in place, no pun intended. :p The people with access to your safe don't have access to your room and vice versa. Calling your stewards honesty into question may have touched a nerve with some.

My daughter believes she locked it but if that isn't the case and she doesn't get it back still stand on prob the steward. If locked and don't get it back still dishonest Carnival employee involved. I guess some may be overly sensitive about it and that is their prerogative.

My daughter believes she locked it but if that isn't the case and she doesn't get it back still stand on prob the steward. If locked and don't get it back still dishonest Carnival employee involved. I guess some may be overly sensitive about it and that is their prerogative.

Maybe your daughter didn't really leave $200 in the safe. Maybe she's being dishonest and trying to steal $200 from carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe your daughter didn't really leave $200 in the safe. Maybe she's being dishonest and trying to steal $200 from carnival.

Lol yea I bet that is it bc that would totally work...nice try troll carry on with ur busy day trying to make ppl mad but rest of us don't have time for ur nonsense.:')

Lol yea I bet that is it bc that would totally work...nice try troll carry on with ur busy day trying to make ppl mad but rest of us don't have time for ur nonsense.:')

That's what I thought. It's fine for you to accuse the steward of being a thief but you don't like it so much when the situation is turned around.

I don't really care what someone with apparently too much unproductive time thinks but your comment made zero sense. Hints why I put :') It is comical or weak attempt to try to upset someone. I'm not mad. It is possible for steward to steal...obviously or we wouldn't need safe in the room. Several have had that experience that commented. It isn't possible to lie and Carnival to send u money that wasn't left. Lying and stealing are different. I bet most have lied before yet many haven't stolen. And guess what if I'm the only person in room u left cash in and it disappears it would be reasonable to suspect that person. Try again...:*

I felt the same way about Galveston. I've cruised out of New Orleans four times. In New Orleans the shuttle from the garage drops me off, a porter is right there to get my bags, I walk in, go upstairs, through security, and check in.

Galveston it was walk 50 yards one way to get to where you drop your bags off. There were tons of porters walking around with empty carts but none seemed interested in taking our bags. Finally I just dropped them off myself. Then you have to walk that 50 yards back to get to the port entrance. Then there was a ridiculous line to go through security. Then another ridiculous line to check in. I'll take New Orleans any day over that.

That was our experience. I have friends who sailed from Galveston prior to me that said the same thing. I was hoping that maybe they were there on a bad day, but no. There were 17 of us who cruised together on the Freedom, we did not all arrive at the port together. Once onboard, everyone agreed on the ridiculousness.

If I ever win a free cruise, or someone invites me on a cruise that they are paying for, or a future brand new Carnival ship moves there directly from Europe, and I can't sail on it from anywhere else, I'll cruise out of Galveston. Lol....other than those reasons, no thanks.