Early saver cabins

campergirl62

We've booked on the Britannia for next August on an early saver fare. We've got a balcony cabin and I booked a twin inside for my daughter.

Looking at the deck plans, the grades we've booked are all near to each other. What do you think the chances are of being allocated cabins near to each other? I made the booking but we had two separate booking numbers, one for us and one for my daughter.

Also do I need to link the bookings so we end up on the same dining allocation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've booked on the Britannia for next August on an early saver fare. We've got a balcony cabin and I booked a twin inside for my daughter.

Looking at the deck plans, the grades we've booked are all near to each other. What do you think the chances are of being allocated cabins near to each other? I made the booking but we had two separate booking numbers, one for us and one for my daughter.

Also do I need to link the bookings so we end up on the same dining allocation?

Yes phone up NOW and link the bookings or you may end up on different dining options.

Are there any cabins of that grade on any other decks..if there are could be on different decks. Phone up and link the bookings NOW.

Good luck

I booked 3 saver cabins on Oceana and all had different booking numbers. I had been prepared to have had them in all different parts of the ship, so was really pleased to be allocated 3 in a row and we all had freedom dining.:cool: The person I booked with linked them for dining.

Yes try and link the bookings.

However, I am sure the OP knew the gamble regarding cabins and dining by booking the Saver deal, fingers crossed but think of the £'s you saved.

Whatever, enjoy the cruise.

But did they know the gamble??

A long long time ago someone posted that really Select or Saver are really the only way to go. With Select you (usually) know the cabin at the time of booking. ditto dining

With Saver you only know the grade everything else is in the lap of the gods but you save £££££

We have done something like this as well for A427P in October. Yes, you need to link the bookings together, if you do that, so P&O told me they will try to put you on things like the same sitting (organised by the restaurant manager).

I asked if it would affect the cabin allocation and the lady said no, because that was done by computer automatically. However, as a computer programmer it strikes me as quite likely that cabins will be allocated sequentially against the empty cabin list so because they are (I think) sequential bookings on the system with a bit of luck we should be near to each other.

But there are no guarantees of anything ; my Sister and her family ended up at diagonally opposite corners of one floor, but this isn't a problem unless your daughter is not old enough to take reasonable care of herself. On Azura/Ventura even in the worst case scenario its only 3 minutes walk and there are the free phones.

Dining is not guaranteed either ; if we aren't on the same we shall ask nicely for a change. I understand a lot of people like a change for various reasons, but we would make no request other than we be together which may make their lives easier rather than harder, maybe. If not we have to lump it, use the buffet and I did read somewhere that after the first couple of days they aren't bothered who comes on freedom dining, though not sure if this is right.

But the reality is ; you got it real cheap, and for that you get no guarantees.

Thanks for the replies. If we don't end up in cabins near each other, it wouldn't be the end of the world. My daughter will be 27 and not lived at home since she left for university, so is quite independent. I messaged her yesterday for her booking number and am still waiting!

I'm guessing that as Britannia will have two Freedom dining restaurants, that's what we'll likely end up with. That suits us as we liked it on Oceana. When my daughter finally gets round to letting me know her booking number I'll ring up and link the booking so we get the same dining allocation. That's more important than cabins being near each other.