Bayahibe Beach Break

Hi all, going on the TA sunset cruise in April, booked the Bayahibe beach break, in La Romana ,Dominican Republic, does anyone know what resort they take you to.

Generally do our own thing, but feel an organised tour in the DR in the most sensible thing, as I've read you need to keep your wits about you in the towns, so decided to go organised this time, Thanks, Dougie.

Thanks for the replies, the reason I asked was I read a review from a Carnival cruise passenger who did the Bayahibe beach break , and it did not make great reading, I thought, have I done the right thing here, but it wasn't the Dreams Resort she visited, so I'm glad to learn where we will be going, it gets great reviews, and looks great too, many thanks, Dougie.

Dreams ....nice ai resort (not too high rise) ...burger bars on the beach, plenty of bars dotted about, swim up bar, big pool, nice buffet resturant, usuall beach games/volleyball etc available......filled with thomsons holidaymakers and a sprinkling of germans

Thanks geomagot, by the sounds of things you've stayed at Dreams La Romana, looks beautiful, looking forward to a great beach day there, would have loved to do some roaming through the area, but I've read some dodgy stories, it's a shame really, would have spent some money outside rather at the beach complex, but safety first, not as young as I was, few years ago could have ran back to the ship with my wife on my back, nowadays, can hardly get out of bed(slight exaggeration), one last question, is it a short hop to the resort from the ship?, again , many thanks, Dougie.ps if you can think of any further tips for this port, please let me know.

its been a few years since we were there

but yes...la romana...keep your wits about you, its an industrial town with many migrant workers/poverty, not much for tourists, you will see the smoking stacks from the sugar factory on the horizon as you approach the port....its not the prettiest of caribbean ports

dreams is about a 30/45 minutes from the port...its quite a pretty drive, through the rural cane fields, stunning coastline

its quite a large/sprawling resort (make a mental note of your route back to where the coach will pick you up? there are several lobbies/entrances)

some quite good shopping in the resort, local stuff/rum/caribbean wear (not bad prices for a westernised resort)

enjoy

We actually sailed from there in 2011, we were on the Destiny, doing much the same TA as we're doing in April, landed in La Romana(from Glasgow), sailed round a few islands , across the Atlantic, flying home from Palma, Majorca, loved every minute of it, loved Antigua so much we went the next year for a fortnight, unfortunately there's no Glasgow flight this time, so have to fly from Birmingham, but with Cuba, and Mexico,it was to good to miss, again thanks for the info, have a better insight of what's in store, Cheers, Dougie.