Internet on Carnival Breeze

evelynaw

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I can't seem to find anything in the search results.

Is there internet connectivity on the Breeze? WiFi or ethernet connection in your room? Are you charged to use it?

I'm asking because I'd like to be able to stay in touch with a close friend who is pregnant and due near our cruise date. She knows we are travelling, but if I'm able to check in it would be wonderful :)

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere, but I can't seem to find anything in the search results.

Is there internet connectivity on the Breeze? WiFi or ethernet connection in your room? Are you charged to use it?

I'm asking because I'd like to be able to stay in touch with a close friend who is pregnant and due near our cruise date. She knows we are travelling, but if I'm able to check in it would be wonderful :)

Take a look at Carnival's FAQ regarding internet connection. Breeze is offering the "new plan". If you buy the social plan ($5 per day) you can keep in touch eg using Facebook Messenger or other social apps.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152

The Internet connection on the Carnival Breeze is very good. I was just on the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised at how good the Internet connection was. Carnival has come a long way since just a few years ago.

I actually did two cruises back-to-back, and as an experiment I bought the "premium" Internet package the first week and the less expensive "value" package the second week. There was absolutely NO difference in the measurable or perceived speed or quality of the Internet connection the two weeks. From now on, I will be purchasing the "value" plan at $60 for unlimited Internet access for the entire week, as opposed to the $99 "premium" plan.

Yes, there is wi-fi in the cabins. No ethernet that you can use. So you can access the Internet from any device that has wi-fi... such as your phone, tablet, or laptop. Or, keep it simple and don't bring a device at all... and just go to any one of the many "fun hubs" onboard the ship and use the computers there.

Thanks for the info! Really should have looked this up on my own on the Carnival website.

Good to know that there are different types of plans. For $5/day, the social plan isn't too pricey and it would do for my situation (this friend lives in Europe, so we usually keep in touch via facebook... broke my iPhone so no more imessage :( )

Im on the Pride and a friend who is cruising with us has a college age daughter who is unable to go. She'll be getting the internet package to remain in contact with her daughter. Im assuming the package is similar fleet wide.

My question... is this price per room or per phone? (friends mother is also staying in her room with a significant other not cruising. Will this plan cover both of them or will her mother have to purchase a separate plan?)

• 2 weeks later...
Im on the Pride and a friend who is cruising with us has a college age daughter who is unable to go. She'll be getting the internet package to remain in contact with her daughter. Im assuming the package is similar fleet wide.

My question... is this price per room or per phone? (friends mother is also staying in her room with a significant other not cruising. Will this plan cover both of them or will her mother have to purchase a separate plan?)

For one device at a time. Both of them should be covered if only one of them will use it at a time.

Edited by caribill