Dubrovnik Wall Late in the Day

Everyone recommends walking the wall first thing in the morning, but our ship will be docked in Dubrovnik from 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm at the end of June. Has anyone walked the wall at 4:00 or 5:00 pm? We were thinking the later the better, but it closes at 7:00 pm. Thanks for any help!

Everyone recommends walking the wall first thing in the morning, but our ship will be docked in Dubrovnik from 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm at the end of June. Has anyone walked the wall at 4:00 or 5:00 pm? We were thinking the later the better, but it closes at 7:00 pm. Thanks for any help!

You may want to consider only walking the sea side of the wall. That part should take about 1 hour and you could go up as late as 5pm, NO later. They will stop selling tickets at a certain point, if memory serves me correctly, it is about 6pm. Everyone does recommend going up very early due to the heat and the fact there is no shade. That being said, your time is very limited so later may be best for you. Enjoy!

Edited by Dubrovniktravelady

We walked the sea side of the wall towards the end our our day in the city. I don't remember the time, but it was in the afternoon. It was in July and hot, but frankly, it didn't seem that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from a cruise which included Dubrovnik. I walked the wall at about 3:00 p.m. It was a very hot day and at the end of a walking tour but I managed the walk in about 1.5 hours. At 57, it wasn't easy but it was well worth it. You will find about 3 cafes along the way selling cold drinks and ice cream and fresh squeezed orange juice. The views are amazing from the wall and you will see how local residents live in the old town.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, dot73 and 4774Papa! It's nice to know walking the wall is still enjoyable later in the day. We really don't want to miss it, but don't want 3 miserable teenagers, either. Guess if it's super hot, we'll just bribe them with ice cream. Looking forward to walking it in less than two weeks!

• 2 weeks later...

Pray that it rains. We went on a rainy day. It was cool and there were not a lot of people walking the wall. You have to be careful that you don't slip, but it was a very enjoyable walk. Be aware that there are a lot of stairs. I was not expecting this.