Star Flyer October 3, 2015 Cannes to Barcelona

phdee713

Hi, we are on the cruise before you. Last year we had a great cruise on Royal Clipper from Rome. However these boards are very quiet compared with the other cruise lines we like (Azamara, Oceania, and Viking Ocean).

We are looking forward to a week in Provence then a week sailing around Corsica and seeing the Les Volles de St Tropez regatta. It is certainly a different experience but we loved it. We did mention Cruise Critic on our last cruise but most had never heard of it. Nationalities were U.S., German, Canadians and a few from the UK.

Thanks for posting....guess, it will be very quiet here!

Azamara is having some great deals right now, did you enjoy cruising with them? I've generally sailed on Celebrity, RCL and occasionally NCL...this is my 2nd clipper cruise - did Thailand about 10 years ago....

Best,

Kathy

Hi, yes we loved Azamara, liked the small ships. Was on Oceania last October on Riviera it was good but not as much fun as Azamara. Would not go back on Royal Caribbean, or Princess. Celebrity was better I think but we still like the smaller ships.

You have a great itinerary. Sanary sur Mer is a favourite of ours after visiting on Azamara Quest. Azamara brochure prices seemed to have increased substantially but we have also noted some good deals recently. Would love to take advantage but we have already booked our quota of holidays for this year !

We had great weather last year in early June on Royal Clipper. Also a good mix of passengers and some great table companions. We hope we will be similarly lucky in 2015.

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked on this cruise! Looking forward to being under sail once again! Trying to convince some friends to join us and also still deciding which city to spend a few days before flying on to Cannes/Nice on Oct. 3. Right now it looks like London although Paris or Amsterdam are in the running. It depends on airfares really.

Edited by habenicd

Habenicd:

Welcome, wow an impressive list of cruise you've taken...I'm traveling with two friends, they are flying into Paris and training to Nice...me I'm flying into Nice, I'm always sneaking out from work to play!

:)

Best,

Kathy

We are booked on this cruise! Looking forward to being under sail once again! Trying to convince some friends to join us and also still deciding which city to spend a few days before flying on to Cannes/Nice on Oct. 3. Right now it looks like London although Paris or Amsterdam are in the running. It depends on airfares really.

phdee713 - have you been on any of the Star Clippers before? Also, the Celebrity Xpedition in the Galapagos is on our list but we can only take 2 week + trips every couple of years and we want to go to Machu Picchu while we are "that close." As you can probably tell we like smaller ships. We tend to go on HAL when the extended family goes and our very first cruise was on HAL back in '95. Otherwise, looking forward to morning coffees on deck under sail, afternoons in the bowsprit net and evenings under the stars.

I used to own a sailboat, and I love being on the water...did one of these trips way back in early 2000's...I enjoyed it for just what you described...my (now ex) was a bit bored and kept complaining that he wanted room service...

Looks like our sailing will be short from port to port and we will be spending much of our time enjoying the towns and sites of southern France and Spain...it's a lovely area!

As for the Galapagos, I decided to split the trip....so will do Machu Pichu as a land tour on its own...

Best,

Kathy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi from "Down Under". We are 2 couples in our very early sixties joining you on this cruise. Steve and I have sailed with Star Clippers once before, around the Greek Islands. We loved it so much that we talked our friends into joining us on this trip. Looking forward to seeing the sights and meeting interesting people.

Carmen & Steve, Karen & Warren

Hi sailing friends,

Lots of change at my job, and because of that I am having to cancel this sailing. Wishing all a wonderful holiday! The south of France is incredible! (Eat some of their wonderful mussels and enjoy!)

Have a wonderful cruise!

Signing off...

Kathy