Shore Excursioneer?

ROXIETHEHORSE

Shore excursioneer is simply a broker for local excursion companies so you are not actually paying or talking to the person who you will be doing the excursion with. I have not used them, but I called them to ask which local company they use on their excursions and they wouldn't tell me. That makes me very suspicious. I called another discount excursion broker listed and they were happy to give me the names of the two companies they used and I was then able to research those companies. I would skip shore excursioneer and go directly to the excursion provider. It's worth a few extra bucks to book direct.

Has anybody dealt wit Shore excursioneer. I want to book a tour with them in belize. They didn't get good reviews on Trip Advisor. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Leaving on our cruise next week. Thanks. Iris

Anyone use Shore Excursioneer for Belize?

Was looking for recent experiences...I can't seem to find much on them. Husband wants to cave raft and I want to fly to the Shark snorkel.

Thanks!

Yes. We used them to book the Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley tour in Belize that we were just on last week. We've also used them in Cozumel. Both were good experiences. I would not hesitate to book with them again.

Happy cruising!

• 3 weeks later...

We just used them last week in Belize and Cozumel and were pleased with their local vendors' service.

In Belize we went cave rafting (paddling small inflatable kayaks down the same river that cave tubing uses.) There were only 2 others on the tour and it was a lot of fun.

Edited by DEL67

We used them in Belize to do a private tour of Ho Chan,Caye Caulker, and Rays and Nurse Sharks with local tour group Splash Wave Tours. They were great! We were treated great by the crew who spotted dolphins on our way out and back to Belize City. We spent time viewing them and the children were so thrilled to see a baby dolphin. We also fed the Tarpin in a small fishing village while stopping to pick up bait. Jose our guide went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time! Would highly recommend both companies.

Patti

Edited by pittypat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Shore excursioneer is simply a broker for local excursion companies so you are not actually paying or talking to the person who you will be doing the excursion with. I have not used them, but I called them to ask which local company they use on their excursions and they wouldn't tell me. That makes me very suspicious. I called another discount excursion broker listed and they were happy to give me the names of the two companies they used and I was then able to research those companies. I would skip shore excursioneer and go directly to the excursion provider. It's worth a few extra bucks to book direct.

Couldn't agree more about the lack of direct knowledge of local company..Went to Zip Lining with Louigi Tours thru Excursioneer..Dilapidated van with baloney skin tires..Front passenger seat belt didn't work..An hour ride in this death trap !! Got a flat..rode back on a donut..Was with couple on an additional tour besides zip lining..Had to wait 2.5 hours till they were done. This happened in May '15.

Spend a couple extra bucks and deal with tour operator directly( especially in a fourth world country)..