Explorer Of The Seas 2009-01-02

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Sorry, can't help out on who the CD is. We just booked this cruise last night on a whim, so haven't had a chance to really look into any details yet.

We're from Massachusetts, so we will be driving to the port. Airfares were way too expensive to go out of Florida, so we'll be saving a bundle by going out of NJ.

Have you cruised out of NJ before?

Later,

Donna

No we have never cruised out of NJ before, just from Miami. And this time we wanted a longer cruise and then we have som friends in Pottesville that we meet at our first cruise in 2000. We will arrive to Newark the 28 dec, and spend to 2 days in New York and the 30dec we leave NY for Pottesville and spent 3days there. And then on the 2January Cape Liberty.

By the way We are from Sweden

Stefan & Sebastian

Hi Celtcruiser, I see you posted on the regular roll call too. So you have done this before out of NJ. I want details. :p I'm a little nervous about running into real big waves down around Cape Hattaras. What's your experience with this?

Stefan, that is so wonderful that you stayed friends with past cruisers. Are they coming on the cruise too or are you just visiting them? You will love NY city. So much to do and see there. It's an amazing city.

So guys, how does one get a FOD party scheduled. We've been to one before that someone else set up. We showed up at another one once but no one else showed up, not even the one who requested it.:confused: At least there will be 5 of us this time.:D

Later,

Donna

Good Evening!

They are going to meet us in NY and then we will go to their House, they will not join us at the cruise. We meet them on our first Cruise 2000 (voyager of the seas) and the Year after we crusied together again (explorer of the seas) and then we took the "maiden voyage" with Freedom of the seas 2006 together.

Stefan, WOW, that is really great having past cruisers to sail with again. Too bad they are not coming with us this time. The maiden voyage on the Freedom must have been exciting. I see you haven't joined the regular roll call forum. There are 58 people signed up for the Meet & Mingle so far. Should be a great time. We've met so many wonderful people from CC. I just love cruising and getting together with the CC group has always made it extra special. Lots of great memories of all our past cruises with the CC group.

We just got our confirmation on our cabin. They put us in cabin # 8521. It's an inside cabin way up front. We did the inside guarantee so we were surprised that they assigned us a cabin already. Not too thrilled with being in the front of the ship. We usually pick a cabin in the middle. I'll also miss my balcony cabin, but finances are a little tight this time. It was either get an inside cabin or don't cruise at all. :rolleyes: We are still hopeing for an upgrade. Maybe they'll put us midship before we sail. You never know.

Later,

Donna

Hi Donna,

Believe it or not, I was on this cruise last January, sea was pretty calm!

Also, the Explorer was delayed leaving Bayonne until after 9PM, didn't arrive until noon, had to backtrack to San Juan with a sick passenger. We were literally doing 20 knots under the Verrazano to make up lost time. From what I read, it seems 11-12PM is a good time to get to Bayonne, cabins open bt 1PM. One bummer on the cruise last January was we couldn't get off the ship in Labadee, seems once we we dropped anchor, a storm was blowing in. Let's hope this cruise is different.

As far as FOD meeting time, what is good time for everyone?

Pete

Let's hope that we have calm seas this year. I would really be bumming if we had to miss Labadee. So far that is my favorite place. It's just so relaxing there.

Has anyone booked shore excursions yet. We decided not to book anything ahead of time. This cruise we plan to have no plans at all. In fact, we decided to try something different and go completely casual. That means we don't even intend to go to dinner in the dinning room at all. They put us in late seating and we just can't eat that late every night, so it will be the buffet for us. In and out quickly so we can do other things, plus we will be digested enough to partake of the midnight buffet.

Anytime is good for us for the FOD meeting, as long as it's not the same time as the CC Meet & Mingle.

Donna

Let´s hope that we can get off in Labadee, because when we were there in May it was raining and very windy. So we didn´t have a lazy day in the sun.

7 Pm in the Champange Bar sounds great, let´s have it at an Casual night(we have the second seating)

By the way!! What´s Your age?

We are 38 & 43

Stefan & Sebastian

Hi guys,

7 pm in the Champagne bar sounds good. How do we get this posted in the Compass so others on the ship can come too. Have you ever set up a FOD meeting before? Just wondering how it's done and who you have to contact to add it to the Compass.

Joan and I are in our mid f...f...ffff...fiftys. OMG, when did that happen!:eek: We just celebrated 15 yrs together. :D

Donna

We have never arranged an FOD before, but when we went on "Liberty Of the Seas" In may they had a messageboard on the promenade, where U can put a notice. I don´t know if U can put it in the Compass or who to contact. We celebrate 15 years in January.

Stefan, that's such a coincidence that both us couples have been together 15 years. It's been the best 15 years of my life.:D

Pete, I didn't know they had a bulletin board for messages onboard. I wonder how many other people don't know about it. Hopefully we'll get some more family to join us. Now we just have to decide what day.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Donna

Stefan, just found this info on another thread for Explorer. Looks like Dave Chapman will be our CD.

Explorer of the Seas

Mike Hunnerup (Confirmed as of 9-4-08). As of 12-12-08 it will be Dave Chapman, EXPLORER OF THE SEAS ON APRIL 2010 WOULD BE REMOVE FROM BAYONNE KNOW I GOT THIS FROM RCCL THE INDENPENDENCE OF THE SEAS MIGHT GO TO BAYONNE OR LIBERTY OF THE SEAS ONE OF THEM TWO BUT ITS NOT CONFIRMED YET I WILL KEEP EVERYBODY INFORMED, REMBER THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED YET IT MY CHANGE FROM HERE UNTIL THEN

Hi Donna

I think we had Dave Chapman last year as CD. Nice fellow. I think we are going to either have Captain Sverre Ryan or Gunnar Todal. Hard to figure out on the Current Captains thread.

As far as the FOD, is day 2 OK then we'll play it by ear? Another thing, I was playing with one of those cruise ship locator sites a few months ago ( I think it is now a fee based site) & I saw that when we are in St. Thomas, there will be either 4 or 5 other cruise ships! If you plan on renting a car or doing any kind of shore excursion plan early. Between the other ships we will be in port with, there will about 13,000 other happy travelers! Last year we did the Jeep excursion thru Royal. It was fun, hit a few different beaches. The only thing was we were stuck in traffic coming back to the harbor (reminded me of NYC). We had plenty of time-somehow traffic in St.Thomas is more relaxing than in NYC!

Pete

OK, 7 pm in the Champagne lounge on Sat. Jan. 3rd. We'll be there.:D

Glad to hear that Dave Chapman is a decent CD. Nothing worse than an annoying one.;)

Been to St. Thomas a few times and can relate to the horrendous traffic jams when the port is full. Since we've done the island tour twice and the beaches, we're just going to get off the ship and walk around this time. Not big into shopping, but really big into people watching.:p We'll do the same in San Juan. Not sure what we'll do in Samana. Heard that there wasn't much around the area that we'll be tendering to.

Donna

Archived