Explorer Of The Seas 2009-01-02

Stefan

Stefan, if you want to meet casual, we could change the time to earlier, before you get dressed up, although I wouldn't mind seeing you guys all spift up. Normally we would get dressed up, but not this trip. It's casual all the way. I will miss seeing Joan in her tux though. She looks so hot.;) Even though everyone thinks she's part of the waitstaff when she wears her tux.:D

Donna

I can imagine that Joan is looking good in her tux. We will be at the Champange bar the 3rd at 7 pm...If U would like to get to know more about Us, U can visit our homepage (in swedish) at...

www.kallebacken.zoomin.se Please sign our Guestbook (gästbok)

What do U Pete, Donna & Joan do for a living? We are at the moment running a Grocery store But we just sold it and bought a Hotel and restaurant with conference facilities. www.engelskavillan.se

Later:)

The Swens

Stefan, I really enjoyed checking out your homepage website. Nice pics. Not being able to read Swedish, I wasn't sure if all those animals and pets belonged to you or not. I also couldn't figure out who was who. Are you the one with or without the eyeglasses. BTW, you guys are very good looking! Love the tux shots.

I also checked out the website for your hotel. Very impressive! I bet you're real excited to get a place like that.

As far as what I do for a living...well, to make a long story short, I used to be a Customer Service Rep for several companies in the last 25 or so years, but with our lousy economy, these companies sold out and laid everyone off. Right now, I'm just bouncing around doing temporary work and seasonal work for the Federal Government. In between those jobs, I do side jobs painting houses and doing home repairs.

I'll let Joan tell you what she does for a living. That will give her a good reason to jump in on this roll call and introduce herself....come on Joan, jump right in.:D

Donna

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce myself, I am Donna's other half Joan..it is nice to meet you all.

First let me say one thing..Donna is a little biased when she says I look "hot" in a tux!!! Now how hot can a mid 50's woman actually look in a tux????;)

You asked what we do for a living..well..I have 2 jobs, my full time position is the Ammunition Manager for an Army base and my part time position, I'm a Registered Nurse. :)

I am so looking forward to this cruise..9 relaxing days...it just does not get any better than that!!

Joan

Hi Joan! Very nice photos Stefan. I work for the telecom here in NY-Verizon as a technician. I am attending St. John's University for a Masters Degree in Library Science. Right now I am typing a paper due TOMORROW (always last minute). I can't wait for this cruise either!!! My last final exam is December 15th.

Hi Donna:

I am beat! Right now I am at work (1:30 AM). This semester I've been swapping my Monday night 4-12PM for my buddys 12-8AM (Sunday in to Monday morning) so I can go to class Monday night at 5:30. It will be nice to have my Sunday nights back, next semester most of my classes are online. I'm getting too old for this:eek: I also plan on having a nice big Cosmo within my first 5 minutes on the Explorer:)

Pete, I can't even imagine working full time and then taking classes on top of that. It's ok when you're in you 20's, but phew...I feel for you. BTW, what is in a Cosmo. Just the name alone sounds potent!:rolleyes:

Stefan, now that we all know what you guys look like, maybe we'll run into you before the FOD and we can say hi.;) You guys sure have your hands full with all your fur babies. We have 2 cats and a dog. We're also taking care of a friends cat and parrot until February. And I thought we had a houseful. Yikes!:eek:

Donna

Pete - I think I'll need to try a Cosmo on the cruise on your recommendation. I'm not much of a drinker and I never know what to order at the bar. Usually get the drink of the day or a Miami Vise (or Vice...not sure how they spell it):confused: That was another recommendation from a previous cruise. Hope the Cosmo isn't too strong though. My friends always kidded me about getting drunk licking a beer bottle cap. It's embarrasing having such a low tolerance for alchohol. Anyway, hope you have a great Thanksgiving Day.

Stefan - Since you don't have Thanksgiving Day Holiday, hope you have a good Thursday.;)

Donna

Sorry to be absent so long. We're still here, just got a little too busy with Christmas stuff and life in general.:rolleyes:

Sooooooo.....Is everyone still excited about the cruise? Only 29 more days. Can you believe it! Now that my Christmas shopping is done, I can concentrate on the cruise....yahoooo!

Donna

Of course we r excited. Already done with christmas shopping:confused: We have not started yet.:eek: Planing to do that next week. Yesterday we sold the grocery store, so this morning we woke up with no jobs...Strange feeling..

Later Sebastian & Stefan

I can't believe I'm done Christmas shopping this early myself. Usually out at the last minute finishing up. Just worked out well this year for a change.

Stefan and Sebastian - are you enjoying your time off from the grocery business now that it's sunk in? At least you have the hotel to look forward to. When do you start that business?

Donna

We have access to the new buisness the 1 January (but we don´t pay any rent until the 1 March) so when we get home from the cruise we will start renovating the diningrooms and kitchen. And we will not open until the late March or Early April. Right now we just have had 2 days off, but it feels strange since we have worked 6 days a week for 3 years, and now we have all this free time:confused: Today we went shopping for a new videocam for the cruise and a Cat flap (which we will install tomorrow.:eek:) Right now Stefan is preparing dinner which will be Halibut with lobstersauce.

Have a Nice weekend

The Svens

Hey Sebastian, sounds like you two are already enjoying your freedom. How did Stefans Halibut w/lobstersauce come out. Is he going to be the chef at the restaurant?

I also see you sign at the bottom "The Svens". Do they have legalized gay marriage in Sweden? We have it here in Massachusetts, but it's just on the State level, not the Federal gov level, so it really doesn't help us out that much as far as legal things go. We thought about getting married just because we could, but Joan wanted a big wedding and I just wanted something real small. We could never come to an agreement on this, so we just stopped talking about it.:rolleyes: As far as we're concerned, we are married, just not legally. And that's ok with us.

Hey Pete, where you been, buddy?

Donna

Hi Donna! Running around trying to get ready...I know I'll still be running around to the last minute. I saw on another post that on the 9 night Explorer, the formal night is usually night 2 & 8. Do you want to move the cocktail hour up to 3PM on night 2? I'm open. Here's a website to keep track of sea heights!

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

Hi. Yes Gay marrige is legal in sweden but it´s not called marrige, it´s called partner registration. But we are not registrated, "The Svens" it´s just a nickname that Our friends from Pottesville gave us on the first cruise.It´s their word for "The Swedish Guys" U guys decide if we shall move the cocktail (we be there).Have a nice weekend. We will spend the weekend in the south of sweden, visiting 2 friends that just bought a big hotel.

Hi guys -Geez, I posted here yesterday, but my post never went through and then it timed-out on me. Hope this one goes through.

Pete, looks like the ball has landed in your lap. Joan and I don't plan to dress formal, so anytime works for us. So, what works best for you, 3 pm or 7 pm....and don't tell me it doesn't matter or we'll never make a final decision.:D BTW, I tried out that link to the site that shows the wave heights. All I could see were locations for buoys. What am I doing wrong?

The Svens - love the nickname.:p Hope you have a great weekend with your friends.

Donna

Hi Donna: I'm open to the time of the FOD, I don't plan on doing the formal thing. With the buoys, click on the box of the geographic area you want, then click on the little white box with numbers on it. That will give you recent data (ie. sea height, air & sea temp). Right now things look pretty calm out there:)

The weekend in the south of Sweden was great. Today we will be going to Stefans parents and tomorrow we go to Stockholm, and meet up some friends there and on Saturday we will take a Cruise to Finland, it´s just a cruise for 24 hours. We will be back on Sunday evening. Have a nice weekend. The Svens

Archived