Fire in the Med??

cannetta07

Just hear a rumor that a COSTA ship in the Med had an engine room fire that resulted in serious damage. The ship is underway to port on its own power. The ship is currently in the Med. I am told no injuries or fatalities. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just hear a rumor that a COSTA ship in the Med had an engine room fire that resulted in serious damage. The ship is underway to port on its own power. The ship is currently in the Med. I am told no injuries or fatalities. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Not even a Costa ship. Tragic as it is -it helps if you provide correct information - and check before posting - then post where it should be. In all due respect - don't need "scaremongering" - or is it your assumption that all cruise tragedies are "Costa" ? I note that this is your first post - I may be cynical - but your dramatic entrance don't impress me much. Hope your future postings are of a more informative, helpful and factual nature. Or if there are any cruise questions you need answering - feel free to ask, loads of help around. Most of us have out grown drama clubs

Edited by dizzy1948

Not even a Costa ship. Tragic as it is -it helps if you provide correct information - and check before posting - then post where it should be. In all due respect - don't need "scaremongering" - or is it your assumption that all cruise tragedies are "Costa" ? I note that this is your first post - I may be cynical - but your dramatic entrance don't impress me much. Hope your future postings are of a more informative, helpful and factual nature. Or if there are any cruise questions you need answering - feel free to ask, loads of help around. Most of us have out grown drama clubs

Dizzy, my apologies if my entrance didn't impress or disappoint you, i heard about this but i wasn't aware of which kind of problem they had and i might thought someone here knew.

It was a Costa ship, on the same day as the Ocenia ship. The Oceania got all the news because of the 3 deaths. So with all due respect, your assertions are wrong.

Dizzy, my apologies if my entrance didn't impress or disappoint you, i heard about this but i wasn't aware of which kind of problem they had and i might thought someone here knew.

No problems- I think I was a bit harsh - over reacted I suppose - I read the story - and I jumped in because I thought "oh no...not another Costa Drama Person". I didn't see anything in there about Costa - which made me wild.

Anyway, welcome to the boards, but a little more info before posting would be nice :p

It was a Costa ship, on the same day as the Ocenia ship. The Oceania got all the news because of the 3 deaths. So with all due respect, your assertions are wrong.

Debatable......Costa wasn't mentioned in the link - but all's well that ends well. No one likes a bad news story.

Edited by dizzy1948

We just returned from the t/a on the Luminosa and the crew did a great job handling what could have been much more serious!

Our first Costa cruise and third t/a.

Around 4:30am we were almost shacked out of bed by a series of violent movements that actually turned the tv hanging on the wall on for a few seconds prior to loosing all power. Let me explain that we lived about six miles north of the epicenter during the Northridge earthquake in California and this was almost as violent! Felt the ship would break in half:eek::eek:

I thought we had hit another ship or something that is how bad it was.

Were dead at sea for about two hours, no water pressure, lights or telephone service.

All was restored and proceeded with the balance of the crossing making all ports of call.

Again I commend the crew for a terrific job handling this event.

Would I cruise with Costa again? You bet!:D

Joe and Ray

We just returned from the t/a on the Luminosa and the crew did a great job handling what could have been much more serious!

Our first Costa cruise and third t/a.

Around 4:30am we were almost shacked out of bed by a series of violent movements that actually turned the tv hanging on the wall on for a few seconds prior to loosing all power. Let me explain that we lived about six miles north of the epicenter during the Northridge earthquake in California and this was almost as violent! Felt the ship would break in half:eek::eek:

I thought we had hit another ship or something that is how bad it was.

Were dead at sea for about two hours, no water pressure, lights or telephone service.

All was restored and proceeded with the balance of the crossing making all ports of call.

Again I commend the crew for a terrific job handling this event.

Would I cruise with Costa again? You bet!:D

Joe and Ray

Thank you for theinfromation about the Luminosa, it's always nice to get first hand knowledge and not the usual, I heard from a friend whose second cousin twice removed ex boyfriend etc. etc.

Were you kept informed about what was happening?

Thank you for theinfromation about the Luminosa, it's always nice to get first hand knowledge and not the usual, I heard from a friend whose second cousin twice removed ex boyfriend etc. etc.

Were you kept informed about what was happening?

As soon as some power was restored they made three announcements.

On board for repositioning cruise to Indian Ocean. On night of 22nd Dec we had a serious engine room fire and a funnel was on fire with very scary flames and spitting debris. We were called to muster stations twice the second time for 3 hours. The staff/crew were amazing and handled everything well. We made port at Aquba and had to wait for news of continuation of cruise. We had a trip organised to Petra which went ahead and we had the good news when we got back that cruise would continue, which put staff back in a good mood for Christmas celebrations that evening, which was a brilliant evening.

All is currently well with emergency repairs to funnel ongoing.

On board for repositioning cruise to Indian Ocean. On night of 22nd Dec we had a serious engine room fire and a funnel was on fire with very scary flames and spitting debris. We were called to muster stations twice the second time for 3 hours. The staff/crew were amazing and handled everything well. We made port at Aquba and had to wait for news of continuation of cruise. We had a trip organised to Petra which went ahead and we had the good news when we got back that cruise would continue, which put staff back in a good mood for Christmas celebrations that evening, which was a brilliant evening.

All is currently well with emergency repairs to funnel ongoing.

Thank you for first hand information. Please keep us posted for any further developments.

Have a great cruise.

PS. Costa Neoclassical, have they renamed the ship, os is the All Inclusive Drinks Package kicking in? :D