Very early bus/transport options to Horseshoe Bay?

ebbie1081

Hi Everyone,

I hope this isn't a mundane question that gets asked a lot and I apologize if it is. I searched some threads and couldn't seem to find anything.

My husband and I are sailing in a few weeks to Bermuda and docking in Kings Wharf. We'd like to visit Horseshoe Bay, but would prefer to visit early in the morning to avoid crowds as much as possible. The #7 bus route says it doesn't depart Dockyard very early but rather "Somerset Terminal." I tried to find where that is but couldn't.

I then started thinking we could take the 7:30 ferry to Hamilton and then bus to Horseshoe, but at that point, we might as well just wait for the #7 to start running from Dockyard.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have a better idea what time the beach crowds up? Years ago, I was docked in St. Georges and we went to Horseshoe very early in the morning...we were the only people on the beach and it was magnificent!

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are sailing in a few weeks to Bermuda and docking in Kings Wharf. We'd like to visit Horseshoe Bay, but would prefer to visit early in the morning to avoid crowds as much as possible. The #7 bus route says it doesn't depart Dockyard very early but rather "Somerset Terminal." I tried to find where that is but couldn't.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have a better idea what time the beach crowds up? Years ago, I was docked in St. Georges and we went to Horseshoe very early in the morning...we were the only people on the beach and it was magnificent!

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

There is now a shuttle that runs from Dockyard to Horseshoe...$16 per person. The first shuttle leaves at 8am. If its just the 2 of you this could be an option. If you find 2 more people you could share a taxi for just about the same cost. I wouldn't mess with the local bus. Here's some info...

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00000b.htm

From the dockyard (at Kings Wharf), the approximate taxi fare (4 passenger taxi) to Horseshoe Bay Beach is $37 without tips and takes about 25 minutes to reach. Recently WEDCO (West End Development Corp) has introduced a minibus shuttle service from dockyard to Horseshoe and other south shore beaches. Return fare is $16 per person. The service starts at 8am at dockyard and the last return minibus from the beach is at 6pm.

The shuttle service in not on a fixed schedule. The shuttle driver/ supervisor makes the call depending on the demand. If you are the only ship in port, I am not sure that at 7:30 or 8 there will be a crowd waiting to reach HSB...

Honestly if you are 2, I would try to find 2 other pax on my roll call ( or at the Meet&Greet ) and I would split a taxi for the same cost.

Have a plan B to be sure to reach the beach early :)

Have fun !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The shuttle service in not on a fixed schedule. The shuttle driver/ supervisor makes the call depending on the demand. If you are the only ship in port, I am not sure that at 7:30 or 8 there will be a crowd waiting to reach HSB...

Honestly if you are 2, I would try to find 2 other pax on my roll call ( or at the Meet&Greet ) and I would split a taxi for the same cost.

Have a plan B to be sure to reach the beach early :)

Have fun !

If you take the taxi to HSB can you take the shuttle back to the ship and how much do they charge for a one way trip?

If you take the taxi to HSB can you take the shuttle back to the ship and how much do they charge for a one way trip?

Officially the shuttle is round trip. Some have said they have been able to buy only a one way ticket.