Sailing with 8 and 11 year olds

shimmy80

We are saling the Epic in April of 2011. I am wondering about the activities in the kids club. Has anyone sailed with kids about the same age and what did they think about it? Thanks

We registered at the kids club. It was a positive experience but we never went back. The kids were too busy with other activities. We stayed in one of the Courtyard suites and swimming took preference over the kids club it we were not busy with some other ships activity. We did cater to the children on this cruise as it was for them -- not the adults so that may have had an impact on our activities. BTW -- we did all the shows and took the kids with us. We attended the 7pm performances.

We are going on the April 16-23 Western Caribbean in April 2011. Sailing with 27 immediate family members, kids and spouses and grandkids for our Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary. We will have 2 kids in that age bracket, and Somebody posted a daily for that age group, and the 10 year old can't wait til the cupcake eating contest with no hands, and the egg dropping contest. (I think he may want to throw one at his brother !!) Of all the events they had listed, these caught his eye. So you never know what they may try. We are coming from the Raleigh, NC area.

Just got back with my 11 year old. She popped into the kids club maybe 3 or 4 times. I will also say there was so much for them to do that it wasn't something she needed to use. She is an only child and was totally fine running around solo to the different activities. She did enjoy meeting some kids that way and then going to play some games.

The ages of your two kids will put them in different programs anyway. They are in the same facility but they will be separated. I think with the pool, slides, rock climbing, repelling wall, spider web, ping pong, and arcade they will keep busy. You then add in some meals, ship activities (family pictionary, karaoke, trivia, bingo, etc.), shows and port day excursions. It was a busy week.

I thought she would use the kids club more but she was too busy. I think it is a great option and a way for kids to meet one another. It is a good ice breaker for them. However, if they didn't offer the club it wouldn't of been an issue on this trip for us.

There is a $6 an hour fee for the night program (if you want to go and do something without them). I think it was from 10:00 - 1:30.

There is a $6 an hour fee for the night program (if you want to go and do something without them). I think it was from 10:00 - 1:30.

Small correction..starts at 10:30, and the second sibling is $4 (total of $10 for the two of them

To the OP, there is a ton to do at Recess. My daughter (9) had the most fun during the free play periods because there were so many neat things to play with. The kids club is HUGE. My daughter was there most days for at least a little while. A couple of times she didn't like the activities and had us come get her. There are SO many other things to do on the ship (pools, ports, slides, movies, shows, deck fun, bowling, air hockey, video games, etc.) that being in the club was something she did when she didn't have other things to do.

308-vi.jpg

177-vi.jpg

178-vi.jpg

179-vi.jpg

238-vi.jpg

Awesome pics. Looks like she had a ball.

I knew the kids would not be able to be in the same group, but you are all right, there is so much to do I am sure they will be busy the whole week. They are so excited. It is going to be LONG 8 months...... Thanks for all the replies

Archived