Beaches: Walk, Water taxi or land taxi

Lounur

We are going on a cruise in January and will spend a day at Grenada. I read several threads about getting to Lazy Days beach from the port and am confused. Some talked about water taxis, others land taxis, but someone mentioned that Lazy days is about a 5 minute walk from the dock. If the latter is true, why would a taxi be needed? Could you also tell me whether the sand is nice and clean, and what the swimming conditions are like in the ocean. Last but not least, is it possible to get in a tour as well as spend some time at the beach if you have only one cruise day to spend on the Island? Thank you for your feedback.

• 2 months later...
We are going on a cruise in January and will spend a day at Grenada. I read several threads about getting to Lazy Days beach from the port and am confused. Some talked about water taxis, others land taxis, but someone mentioned that Lazy days is about a 5 minute walk from the dock. If the latter is true, why would a taxi be needed? Could you also tell me whether the sand is nice and clean, and what the swimming conditions are like in the ocean. Last but not least, is it possible to get in a tour as well as spend some time at the beach if you have only one cruise day to spend on the Island? Thank you for your feedback.

Happy New Year to you....will try to answer your questions in order.

Lazy Days is next to the water taxi dock on grand anse beach. To get to Grand Anse beach you need either a water taxi or a land taxi which you can easily find in your cruise ship terminal as you disembark.

Sand is usually cleaned each evening and morning by a team employed by the Grenada Tourism Authority so yep should be clean.

Sea conditions will depend on the day's weather but as it is sheltered west coast it is usually flat calm. There are some areas of beach that have more broken coral washing up than others so you can pick and choose you area. In general I prefer moving away from the crowds and heading south (turn left if you are facing the beach) - usually you only need to go 5 minutes and you find a peace of heaven that's all your own. If you prefer security in numbers then stay near the dock and Lazy Days

I see they are getting rave reviews on Trip Advisor and one on here so I would recommend Grenada Seafaris Poweboat adventure for a 2.5hr powerboat adventure with snorkel and then beach. If not a fan of the water (what!?! :D ) then you can easily get a half day island tour before lounging on the beach for the afternoon.

Hope this helps. Have a super cruise and my island looks forward to your visit:cool: