Driver for long day from Palermo needed

cruisemom42

I'm visiting Palermo for a second time in October. I've already visited most of the sights in Palermo & nearby (was there for 2 days last year).

I am specifically interested in a day trip that would be a LONG drive from Palermo and back -- a visit to the Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina. This is about a 120-km drive each way. My ship has a very long day in Palermo (until 11 pm) so time shouldn't be an issue.

I don't need a guide, just a reliable and reasonable driver. Does anyone have a recommendation? The most recent recommendations I could find with a search were from a couple of years ago.

thanks!

why not rent a car? ...the ultimate diy.

I had a great time driving through Sicily back in 1985.

You can do it don't be afraid..or better yet...check out the trains...which are probably non existant to wherever it is you are going...again..the ultimate DIY...

Just make sure you have your passport with you and do check out the Alitalia and/or ferry schedules from Palermo to your next port!

Edited by luvtheships

I already looked into bus and train schedules to Piazza Armerina (where the site is located), which is why I am asking about a driver -- the other options just don't work. And I don't enjoy driving when traveling; several stressful rentals have convinced me it's not for me.

The ship is headed the next day to Trapani, so it's not a huge deal even if something were to prevent me getting back to Palermo in the 16 hours in port. I figure the drive to be around 2 hours each way.

• 1 year later...
I already looked into bus and train schedules to Piazza Armerina (where the site is located), which is why I am asking about a driver -- the other options just don't work. And I don't enjoy driving when traveling; several stressful rentals have convinced me it's not for me.

The ship is headed the next day to Trapani, so it's not a huge deal even if something were to prevent me getting back to Palermo in the 16 hours in port. I figure the drive to be around 2 hours each way.

Did you ever find a driver for this trip?