Dolphin excursion

Persifilas

We did the dolphin excursion in Cozumel and cannot say enough wonderful things about it. Ramsey the dolphin pushed, pulled and swam with us. Then we fed a manatee lettuce. Then we wondered through the forest to see all the statues and ancient villages while people played laser tag. Then we snorkleded in the beautiful crystal clear water and saw fish and statues under water! Most amazing excursion!

Edited by Persifilas

We did the dolphin excursion in Cozumel and cannot say enough wonderful things about it. Ramsey the dolphin pushed, pulled and swam with us. Then we fed a manatee lettuce. Then we wondered through the forest to see all the statues and ancient villages while people played laser tag. Then we snorkleded in the beautiful crystal clear water and saw fish and statues under water! Most amazing excursion!

Glad it was fun! Sounds like you did it at Chankanaab park?

• 2 weeks later...
I was budgeting about $100 for pictures there

I think they price the photos based on how many people are in your group. When I did the manatee swim, the CD (for 1 person) was $72- and I didn't try to negotiate them down. Some people have had success in getting the price lower.

Still really expensive, but nothing like $350!

Edited by skittl1321

We will be cruising to Cozumel in October and were wanting to the dolphin excursion at Chankanaab. Through the ship it is $190 per person for 3 of us and if I book it through Chankanaab it is $278 total for 3 people. Their website says if you are coming on a cruise ship to book it on the ship. Is there any way around this? I really didn't want to pay almost $600 for 3 of us when I can pay a lot less directly.

Is there any way around this?

Find a hotel on the island; tell them you are staying there.

Although they usually don't; it is in their contract that if they find out you are from a cruise ship they will cancel your excursion. They could otherwise lose the entire contract; so don't flaunt cruise ship towels or anything, there have been (very few, really) reports of it actually happening.

Just know that you can't cancel if the ship doesn't dock if you pretend you weren't on a ship...

They have a contract with carnival (not sure about other lines). If you don't book through ship you will have to add on the cost of transportation... Also there are different levels of the excursion.. Mine was $209 for 1 child 1 adult

We will be cruising to Cozumel in October and were wanting to the dolphin excursion at Chankanaab. Through the ship it is $190 per person for 3 of us and if I book it through Chankanaab it is $278 total for 3 people. Their website says if you are coming on a cruise ship to book it on the ship. Is there any way around this? I really didn't want to pay almost $600 for 3 of us when I can pay a lot less directly.

I booked online and said I was staying at the Hotel Cozumel when I was there earlier this month. We caught a cab at port and were in the park before all of the other cruise excursions. I didn't have a problem at all. Also negotiate on the photos. I talked them down to $100 for the both of us and I still felt like it was too high.

I booked online and said I was staying at the Hotel Cozumel when I was there earlier this month. We caught a cab at port and were in the park before all of the other cruise excursions. I didn't have a problem at all. Also negotiate on the photos. I talked them down to $100 for the both of us and I still felt like it was too high.

Thank you....I will definitely do that!

I wonder if this is new. We went 3 weeks ago and I put Carnival Breeze on my form, and had no issues checking in or doing the Swim. We had our Carnival towels and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also put that we were on the Carnival Paradise and had no problems. This excursion is a MUST do. It is the cheapest dolphin swim I have ever found, and you get the manatee encounter with it and entrance to Chankanaab. :D Have a great time!!