Sapphire Princess kids club

MAJPLO

This is a great place to start: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/youth_teen/

In fact, it's always a good idea to read the cruise answer book on the site. Even when we were repeating the same cruise last year (same ship and itinerary from exactly two years before), I still poured over the info.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sailed Sapphire and it is a great ship for kids. The youth program is excellent- fear not! The outside pool with the movie screen is fun and the indoor pool is open to kids (unlike some of the other cruise lines). There are hidden hot tubs on deck 16 aft. that no one discovers right away. They are huge! Go there. The "adults only" pool on deck 12 aft- is rarely used and my son and I would use it- with the provision that if adults came to use it- we would get out. It was great because there is a great view from there.

My advice if you are able to select a cabin still- do the Aloha Deck aft. It's the perfect location because you can go out the back door to the little pool, go up one flight of stairs to the buffet and other pools. Then the youth program is one flight above that. This is where we tend to spend most of our time.

I am booked on Sapphire Princess for a 25 day cruise and I doubt there will be any kids for my 13 year old but he doesn't care- the ship is a huge playground and he prefers it to being at home.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Sapphire Princess in 2011 when my children were 6 and almost 4. They LOVED the kids club. I was worried because 6 months prior we had been on a Disney cruise and I was afraid the kids club on Princess wouldn't compare, but my kids said it was just as fun as the one on Disney. There weren't a lot of kids on board (it was an Alaskan cruise, hence why the outdoor area was not in use), so one day when mine were the only ones in the club they let me take some pictures of the space.

DSCN1961.jpg

DSCN1960.jpg

DSCN1959.jpg