Alskan shore excursions

joveta

I have an Alaskan cruise scheduled for May 27 departure with ports of call in Ketchikan, juneau, Skagway and Prince Rupert. I need information on which shore excursions are worth the money and which ones to avoid. We are interested in nature and wildlife. No interested in bars and nightlife. joveta

Howdy Joveta!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information! However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members ask for help on how to use the board's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek. 05.gif

To help you out, I am moving your thread to the Ports of Call - Alaska Forum where it will be more on topic. I'm sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and I sincerely hope you have a wonderful cruise!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

What ship are you sailing on? We are on NCL Sun May 27. We are doing excursions offered by the ship in Skagway, (white pass rail & gold camp), Prince Rupert, (rainforest hike). Juneau we are on our own with Captain Larry's whale watching. Ketchikan my husband is going Salmon Sportfishing. I am taking our daughters to the lumberjack show.

Ketchikan is a good place for authentic Native study, with a real village, Saxman, and the Totem Heitage Center both within walking distance of your ship.

In Juneau you con "self tour" by bus out to the Mendenhall glacier.

When you get to Skagway, check in at the National Park Service and after you have seen the free video you may get so interested in the history of this place that you may want to ride the train, or if it is foggy in the morning, skip the valley and ask the Park people how you can get out to Dyea for some scenery, wildlife, and a chance to say that you have been on the actual trail of the goldseekers, which is what finally opened up this great State to be settled in the interior!

Stay out on deckof your cruise ship and you may be pleasantly surprised at the scenery and the wildlife! Happy travels! DD

What ship are you sailing on? We are on NCL Sun May 27. We are doing excursions offered by the ship in Skagway, (white pass rail & gold camp), Prince Rupert, (rainforest hike). Juneau we are on our own with Captain Larry's whale watching. Ketchikan my husband is going Salmon Sportfishing. I am taking our daughters to the lumberjack show.

We are sailing on the Sun also on May 27. Thanks for your input. We will probably pass each other on the ship and never know. jvjones

Ketchikan is a good place for authentic Native study, with a real village, Saxman, and the Totem Heitage Center both within walking distance of your ship.

In Juneau you con "self tour" by bus out to the Mendenhall glacier.

When you get to Skagway, check in at the National Park Service and after you have seen the free video you may get so interested in the history of this place that you may want to ride the train, or if it is foggy in the morning, skip the valley and ask the Park people how you can get out to Dyea for some scenery, wildlife, and a chance to say that you have been on the actual trail of the goldseekers, which is what finally opened up this great State to be settled in the interior!

Stay out on deckof your cruise ship and you may be pleasantly surprised at the scenery and the wildlife! Happy travels! DD

Thank you so much for your input. They sound like interesting things to do. jvjones

Archived