St Martin Beaches

Scuba

We were in St. Martin last year and enjoyed time at Orient Beach. The water was beautiful, warm, and calm in January. This beach is split into a Nude Side and the regular side. We went to the regular side. There were a few women on the beach that were topless just so you know in case you don't want to expose kids to this. There were quite a few bars near the beach and it was fairly crowded. There was plenty of room in the water which where I spent most of my time. There were quite a few cruise ships in port that day which probably why it was so popular. You have to rent a beach chair...I think for $5 for the day. Also,there were some of those pesky vendors walking the beach trying to sell souvenirs but if you declined they left you alone.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Where,s a nice beach on st martin calm waters, warm waters, for seven adults sandy beach no frills just drink and relax, swim

Grand Case beach is a long, usually calm stretch with beach bars and restaurants to suit everyone. Lots of choices of places to eat right at the beach. Some of the gourmet restaurants offer free chairs and umbrellas if you purchase lunch. There are some small shops and boutiques to browse in on the street that the beach is off of. Plenty of choices and the only place that gets a catamaran in to the best of my knowledge is Calmos Cafe. The view is fantastic if that matters.

Grand Case beach is a long, usually calm stretch with beach bars and restaurants to suit everyone. Lots of choices of places to eat right at the beach. Some of the gourmet restaurants offer free chairs and umbrellas if you purchase lunch. There are some small shops and boutiques to browse in on the street that the beach is off of. Plenty of choices and the only place that gets a catamaran in to the best of my knowledge is Calmos Cafe. The view is fantastic if that matters.

Can you take a taxi there from the pier and, if so, is there a particular area that you should ask to be dropped off at? Thanks.

Can you take a taxi there from the pier and, if so, is there a particular area that you should ask to be dropped off at? Thanks.

Yes you can take a taxi to Grand Case. It takes about 35 minutes and for 2 the cost is $25 each way. The more people the less you pay pp. . I think that the best place to get let off would be at the main parking lot by the bridge. When facing the street the main road and then the sea will be immediately in front of you. Turn left and cross the street and make your way to the beach. Once at the beach continue walking to your left while facing the sea. There will be several places with chairs and umbrellas out so just find the one that looks like the right fit for your group. The beach bar/restaurant will call a taxi for you for your return trip. I like the parking lot as a drop off / pick up place because the main road is very narrow with little to no parking.