Drive time from Orient Beach to pier?

#1TravelMom

We will be there on a Tuesday in December with 5 ships in port. We don't want to leave Orient earlier than we need to, but we definitely don't want to be pier runners. We've been to St. Martin many times, but haven't driven directly from Orient to port with 5 ships on the island.

We will be there on a Tuesday in December with 5 ships in port. We don't want to leave Orient earlier than we need to, but we definitely don't want to be pier runners. We've been to St. Martin many times, but haven't driven directly from Orient to port with 5 ships on the island.

What time is your ship leaving and the other ships as well? I would base my advice on this information.

I just checked on that. I was mistaken there are three other ships in port. Unfortunately they all depart at the same time – 6 PM.

For a 5:30 all aboard I would plan on leaving at 4 if I rented a car. With a car you have potential flats or being boxed in to consider and you have to stop and get gas and turn your car in. By 4 most cruisers and staff would be back in town or back at the ship so you won't be dealing with a lot of ship traffic coming from Orient back in to Philipsburg.