Rhodes beaches near cruise ship pier

Bluebox

Hello everyone :) I'm thinking about going on a cruise next November and one of the ports is Rhodes. I've looked and looked but I can't seem to find a exact location to the cruise pier on the island. I read it's on the northern tip but that's it. I've tired looking on Google maps but couldn't find it. Does anyone know where more exact it is? The reason being I want to spend most of my day at the beach but I don't want to take a taxi or rent a car. Does anyone know of any beaches within walking distance that are near the cruise pier? If so, do you need to pay to enter?

Oh, I just thought of it. Will the beaches still be open in November? I'm not to sure what the temp. will be then.

Thank you!

Cruise ships dock just outside of the Old Town of Rhodes--you'll get a beautiful view as you sail in and out! It's a pier just east of where the ferries dock. I think the only beach you can walk to would be Elli, in the New Town. It would be a 30-40 minute walk. If you're willing to take a local bus, you could also go to the beaches at Ialysos, Kallithea, or Faliraki.

None of the beaches have entrance fees, but if you want a lounge chair or umbrella, you'll have to pay. Often chairs and umbrellas are owned by bars or restaurants, and come free with a drink or meal.

You're free to enter the beaches whenever you want, but I think many of the nearby businesses will be closed for the winter by that time. And it will probably be a little chilly. We went to Rhodes in late May, when it was around 75 degrees F, and found it just warm enough for lounging and too cold to swim. I imagine November would be even cooler.

Hope this helps!