Thomson Celebration with two Children Age 7 and 4

Hi, this is the first time (since before we had kids) that we have decided to have a cruise holiday. Ancient Wonders 26th August.

Now that it is nearly here, I am wondering if we have done the right thing with two kids. Will there be plenty for them to do, and also, is the nighttime entertainment suitable for children?

Thanks in advance x

Hi, it will be fine!! Thomson cruises are very child friendly, I promise! The kids club are excellent but if your children don't want to go there are always lots of children around the pool and plenty of excursions. The evening entertainment is also lively enough for them. We love the way our children are treated on our Thomson cruises, we have cruised since our eldest was 18 months - first cruise for him was on the Thomson Topaz!

Enjoy your cruise,

Suzy

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have just returned from Dream with a daughter of 11.

Assuming the other ships are the same, there is a good range of activities with a split of ages of upto 7 and 8 onwards.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Re: Meal Times.

If my memory serves me right - the waiters are VERY child friendly on Thomson Celebration.

Some of them even perform conjuring/magic card tricks at the table - they are very entertaining!

And even if they don't - they are still very friendly and warm whenever they are dealing with children.

So, hopefully your children will enjoy their evening meal every night!

The food is very good on Celebration as well.

So, don't be afraid to take them into the proper dining rooms (I know of some people, with children, that tend to stick to the buffet/lido 'self-service' type places for ALL meals, thinking that their children will be a 'bother' if they take them into the other dining rooms.

Don't do this - you will miss out! Trust me, the staff on Thomsons are very child-friendly and they will be made to feel very welcome.

Archived