Kota Kinabalu 2015

Gaznjo

There does not seem to be many update about Kota Kinabalu over the past couple of years so I was hoping to put this out there again in case some one have been recently.

Are there Taxi's / Vans available as you exit the pier for tours?

or what about ferries across to the little islands...

or what about just hanging out around town....

any information would be great...

Joanne

I was there March 2015.

Yes there are a lot taxi waiting out terminal. But make sure you bargain the cost before getting in the taxi.

There is a small ferry terminal about 25 mins walk. Around there you will find a few tour counters selling excursions to the nearby islands. Do make sure that you get back in time before your ship leaves. Some cruises depart early as 4 pm.

Not much to see in town. There is a nice shopping mall, 10 mins walk from the small ferry terminals.

Thanks for that .... great to know that there are taxi's

I read a blog that told of getting off the ship, into taxi, visited the gaya fishing village, the wildlife park and back around in town...

Thanks for that .... great to know that there are taxi's

I read a blog that told of getting off the ship, into taxi, visited the gaya fishing village, the wildlife park and back around in town...

You are welcome.

Just beware the ship docking time and departure time. When I was there the ship only docked about 9am. The first passengers off were the ones who got the cruise tour. So by the time I got off, it was already 10am. Also the ship depart around 4pm, so everyone got to be back by 3:00pm.

You would probably need to get Malaysian dollars before you go on this cruise. The terminal there does not have a Money changer.

You are welcome.

Just beware the ship docking time and departure time. When I was there the ship only docked about 9am. The first passengers off were the ones who got the cruise tour. So by the time I got off, it was already 10am. Also the ship depart around 4pm, so everyone got to be back by 3:00pm.

You would probably need to get Malaysian dollars before you go on this cruise. The terminal there does not have a Money changer.

Luckily we arrive at 7 am and are due to depart at 5 pm ... if you do most of the distance stuff in the morning you can back in town after lunch then you can control getting back to the ship...

I haven't checked my stash yet but I am pretty sure I still have some ringgits left from last year.... We also have a great money changer near by that I usually change a bit of currency... the last thing we want to be doing is chasing money when in port...