Falmouth Excursion Options

PastorD2

On a cruise on RCI Oasis in January and have been debating with myself between two excursions for our day in Falmouth.

1) Bamboo Rafting on the Martha Brae or

2) 1700's Great House & Plantation Tour with Lunch

Anyone done either of these previously that would like to share an opinion?

I was just in Falmouth last week and we did the Bamboo Rafting. I highly recommend it. I'm not sure how many are in your party, but this is best for couples (2 per raft) and it's a very relaxing ride, you will not get wet. Its like a trip on a Gondola - Jamaican style :).

We used mosquito spray but I didn't see (or feel) any mosquitoes (I would suggest you use it anyway).

The captains of these rafts are very entertaining, they will sing to you and tell you about the exotic vegetation. They will try to sell you some crafts at the end, overpriced. I ended up buying just because I was going to tip him anyway.

Also, this is a close ride from the port of Falmouth.

Enjoy your cruise.

Others in our group did the Martha Brae river tubing and really enjoyed it, but it's not one of the options stated by the OP. I just could not convince my wife to get in the "refreshing" river water on a tube, so I ended up in the bamboo raft with a red stripe in my hand and really enjoyed it :) . It's definitely not a thrill ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony007,

I have a question for you. Did you do your Bamboo Rafting with a Ships tour or an independent company.

After the rafting and before you went back on board do you know of a beach convenient to the ship that you can relax on for a while ??

We have not visited this port before.

Hi Tony007,

I have a question for you. Did you do your Bamboo Rafting with a Ships tour or an independent company.

After the rafting and before you went back on board do you know of a beach convenient to the ship that you can relax on for a while ??

We have not visited this port before.

I did the Bamboo Rafting excursion offered by the cruise line (MSC Divina), the excursion included the Bamboo Rafting and tour of Falmouth. The later was just a ride through town back to the ship, not really much to see or to stop for. However, since we got back very early they did offer to drive anyone who wanted to a nearby beach. We decided to return to the ship but many others stayed on the bus and went to the beach. I really don't know what the beach was like but they did mention "near by".

I did notice that outside the terminal there are vendors everywhere trying to sell you something so I assume it may be the same for the beach.