Oceania Machu Picchu 4 day tour

patiolaterns

We did Machu Picchu with a private group (we were only 6 people) rather than with Oceania a year ago and luggage was taken to the hotel. After all, they don't let you take much on the train anyway. They would HAVE to do something with your other luggage ... or so it seems to me.

Mura

Would like to take this tour offered by Oceania before we start our cruise in 2017..

Interested in comments from fellow cruisers who have taken O's Machu Picchu tour. Pros and cons..........

Also, any problems climatizing to the altitude during the 4 day So?

Thanks

We were on the Lima to NYC cruise last April. We also used Kuoda (Thank you Mura!) instead of the Oceania package. Our guide from Cusco to the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu and back again was wonderful. Our accommodations were lovely and we all (four of us) had a wonderful time.

Altitude: I had issues but my husband did not. Each person reacts differently. The coca tea was delicious! Be prepared to walk a lot!

We left our big suitcases in Lima and took our carryons for our week in Peru. Kuoda helped to arrange the storage.

Have a wonderful time!

Good to hear you also liked Kuoda! Regarding the altitude complications, it's true that there's no predicting how you will react. I rather expected to have a problem (even though I didn't in Ecuador 30 years ago) and carried the pills with me just in case but never needed to take one. One member of our party of six did indeed feel the altitude and drank a lot of the coca tea -- which is very tasty.

It's a gorgeous part of the world and well worth the trip no matter who you use.

Mura

We, too, did the Oceania pre-cruise trip to Machu Picchu and thought it was very good. When we did it you had to have only a carry-on size bag from Lima to Cusco--no checked bags were allowed. The rest of our luggage was taken from the Country Club hotel to the ship and was waiting for us there. Altitude--luckily we live at 6,000 ft so we had no issues.