They have been putting us off for months..Don't go with Viking

Nan-L

We are a group of 5 couples going on a river cruise with Viking Oct 4th, 2014.

We booked this cruise to hold the cabins in early February of this year and were told we would get a discounted rate and ship board credits as a group. They also told us a a group reservation we wouldn't have final payment till May 2014 (and our TA checked with them, as I read on these boards they want their payment a year in advance and Viking once again confirmed the date)

It is now the end of May, we have been asking where is our group info, prices SBC's etc.. Our TA told us she called Viking, this was back in April and they said they take care of the soonest cruises 1st, so to be patient and they would get to us.

Now it's the end of May and the Manager where our TA works had to set up a meeting with Viking to find out what is going on.

We just heard today!!!

Here is the outcome:

"Dear Ladies

I have new pricing for you, with a $250 discount per cabin. Our accounting department will prepare new invoices for you reflecting this. Please allow 24 hours for receipt.

Final payment date is June 15, 2013. They have advised us on all of our bookings that all final payments must be made by the end of the month that they are booked in. All of our outstanding bookings must be paid in full by May 31, but they gave us an extension until June 15 for the five of you (how generous). I can apply for an extension to Viking on final payment dates, but they will not guarantee that the pricing will not change prior to final payment. This decision was given to us by Mike Weirsema, VP of Sales for Viking.

My boss asked me to advise you that he fought tooth & nail with them as to how can they change final payment dates after the sale has been made & all other cruise lines require final payment no sooner than 120 days prior to sailing. He also said that they are only interested in new bookings, not satisfying their existing customers. He told them that it has been ridiculous how long this has dragged on without being given any information for our customers.

Needless to say, I am no longer selling for Viking. This is a disgusting way to do business and I will not be a part of it.

Please let me know what you would like to do. "

So what would you do?? They didn't say anything about our shipboard credit and we weren't even sure the pricing is the same as when we booked!!! I've cruised many lines and NEVER has so much trouble with a booking!!!

I'll let you know what is happening when we get our new confirmation letters!!!!

Dear Nan-L,

Let us first say how much we truly value our travel agent partners and the great service that they provide their clients and our guests. Unfortunately, in this particular case, we believe your travel agent has provided you with some incorrect information. We are taking your concerns very seriously and this morning contacted the owner of your travel agency to discuss the details you’ve mentioned here.

We believe that you will be contacted by the travel agency with clarification on the details of your bookings. If you would like to discuss this matter with a member of the Viking team directly, we can arrange for a group conference call next week with you and your agent – and would be happy to have you contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Archived