Allure :Docking in Palma de Mallorca

I have looked at a few comments and am non e the wiser. When the Allure docks in Palma,does anyone know if there a free shuttle to downtown?

How far from where the Allure docks do you have to walk to get either a bus or taxi downtown, if there is no shuttle?

A couple of comments on the boards, had given different docks.:confused:

I would like to know about a shuttle too. I did read somewhere that there was a bus for $5 downtown rather than a free one - not sure if that is provided by the ship or they were referring to the city bus.

When I looked into which dock Allure was going to be at a few months ago, it said the close one (PONIENTE) but now the same site says DIQUE DEL OESTE and I watched on the gps map yesterday and she was definitely at the far one (specifically, here https://www.google.com/maps/place/39°32'50.8"N+2°37'51.4"E/@39.54745,2.630933,582m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0?hl=en).

According to this official bus map, http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/imgdb/265066.pdf, the only bus that goes to the closest bus stop is bus number 1 (http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/lineas.en.svr?accion=entrada&cod_linea=1). Single ticket is 3 euro. The stop is 18 - Escola de Nàutica which on the Google Map is https://www.google.com/maps/place/18-Escola+de+N%C3%A0utica/@39.5453669,2.6237107,581m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x12979206a8f3a009:0x76577294e07bf97f!6m1!1e1?hl=en . It looks likes it's about 1/2 mile or 10 minute walk from the ship. This bus goes to the city, but I suppose it depends which part of the city you want. It's still 3/4 mile from the Cathedral (stop 569-Argentina 25 or stop 129-La Feixina).

I'm guessing the taxis would be near the bus stop?

Anyway, I haven't done any of this, so it would be great if someone who actually has can verify.

Edited by elleran

Thank you for clarifying elleran.

It is interesting to note that this change does not just effect Allure. Almost all RCL calls have been moved to DIQUE DEL OESTE pier 181, including RCI, Azamara, Celebrity and Pullmantur and TUI . This includes Anthem or the Seas

To add to the confusion, all except one of the Explorer calls have been moved to the MUELLES COMERCIALES pier (P085). This enters the city from the other side of the city of Palma in a completely separate zone.

It has now been reported that they are offering a round-trip shuttle bus from the port to the center for just 5 euro per person. I would almost think that it would be just as well to take the shuttle in and then just join the HOHO at the nearest stop.

I have not fully understood from posts the exact location of the shuttle stop but think it would be near the stop 7 on the HOHO map.

While the stop 11 or 12 would be closest to the ship, those stops are basically to service the hotels and cruise ships and not 'sights'. They are shown on the inlay map on the map.

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/documents/tours/438.pdf

The shuttle bus drops you off near the marina. Just walk towards the cathedral (across a busy road) and go to the left past all the 'human statues'. You'll see the horse and carriage rides ahead. Go left across the road and you'll see a long avenue of trees. The red bus stop is there. The shuttle bus is 5 euros and returns when full.

Allure is currently in Palma and you can see where it is docked (roughly).

[ATTACH]352302[/ATTACH]

That is the correct location. There is actually an commercial pier built there and the ship is not surrounded by water as it appears, but is docked on the port side of the ship.

The shuttle bus drops you off near the marina. Just walk towards the cathedral (across a busy road) and go to the left past all the 'human statues'. You'll see the horse and carriage rides ahead. Go left across the road and you'll see a long avenue of trees. The red bus stop is there. The shuttle bus is 5 euros and returns when full.

It would seem that the shuttle drops one of near the Carrer Muelle near the Ave. Adolfo Suarez. You then would go up to the stop 1 of the route at the Placa de la Reina up the far right side of the Ave. d'Antoni Maura.

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/documents/tours/438.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're trying to arrange an excursion with Mallorca Wine Tours while in port for the day on the Allure. They advertised they'd pick up and drop off from any location but now they are telling us to take a taxi from the ship (RCL Allure of the Sea) to El Auditorium. Does anyone know how much the taxi will cost and if there are lots of taxis at the port waiting to take people on short rides? Is there a RCL shuttle that could take us and if RCL charges? I've read several reviews about Julian with Mallorca Wine Tours but no one mentions having to pay / take a taxi to meet them to start the tour (and it's a private tour costing 125 euros per person for 4 hours). Just doesn't feel right. Comments, advice, suggestions?????