Help: QM2 stateroom's doors width

Normandie-BCN

I am planning to a mini cruise next August in QM2 with my mother.

In Princess my mother needs a weelchair adapted room as, even she can walk some meters, the stateroom's doors are too narrow for her weelchair. Conversely, in QE2 she uses a regular stateroom with shower as her doors are wide enough for may mother's weelchair.

In order to know whether we need to reserve in QM2 a weelchair adapted stateroom or a regular one, I would like to know which is the doors' width of inside staterooms. We are 3 people and QM2 has not triple inside staterooms weelchair adapted, like Celebrity, Princess, RCCI, etc.

I cannot get this datum otherwise.

The doors on inside cabins and "hull hole" balcony cabins are identical in all respects. Only Queens Grill cabin doors (and poss Princess Grill, I didn't check) are different, being panelled instead of smooth. I don't know if they are wider however. I thought the cabin doors (I was on deck 5) were a good width and didn't seem narrow to me (I didn't measure them however). Modern fire regulations would prevent narrow exits I would have thought. Were I in a wheel chair, it would be the step UP into the bathroom that would concern me in a non "wheel chair adapted" cabin (presumablly these adapted cabins do not have the same step?).

Were I in a wheel chair, it would be the step UP into the bathroom that would concern me in a non "wheel chair adapted" cabin (presumablly these adapted cabins do not have the same step?).

My mother walks a some meters and has no problem with to step up into the bathroom and, fortunately, QM2 has showers which is very convenient to her. If she can enter into the stateroom, there is no problem for her to move inside without the weelchair, if needed. The problem is whether she can enter or not. She uses a quite narrow weelchair. With a 25" door, she can probably enter; it depends if the door opens leavin all the width of the door usable.

Were I in a wheel chair, it would be the step UP into the bathroom that would concern me in a non "wheel chair adapted" cabin (presumablly these adapted cabins do not have the same step?).

My mother can walk a little bit. She is 92 years old but not totally handicaped. She has no problem to step up into the bathroom. Fortunately for her QM2 has showers and not hotubes. If she is able to enter into the stateroom with her weelchair (quite narrow), she will not have additional problems as she can evolve inside like she does in QE2 staterooms. The problem is to know which is the real width of the doors.

My mother can walk a little bit. She is 92 years old but not totally handicaped. She has no problem to step up into the bathroom. Fortunately for her QM2 has showers and not hotubes. If she is able to enter into the stateroom with her weelchair (quite narrow), she will not have additional problems as she can evolve inside like she does in QE2 staterooms. The problem is to know which is the real width of the doors.

If the cabin door is too narrow for her chair, perhaps she could walk through it while you fold her chair through and then open it again for her when both are within.

Cusyl, my mother's weelchair is 24.5". She will have to do as pb82 says. It is a pity that QM2 has narrower doors that QE2...

Forget the cabin door. She and you will have a grand time on this great ship. In fact, the crew may well spoil her rotten. All the doors to all the restaurants, bars, elevators, theaters, decks, and shops where you will spend most of your time are plenty wide. Stop worrying and start shopping for fun things to take with.

Archived