What to do before my cruise out of San Pedro Port

Gator83

Hi,

I will be leaving on a cruise out of the San Pedro port and my flight gets in on the day of the cruise at 6:55AM. Any thoughts on what to do before getting to the cruise port? I do like to get on the ship as early as possible so I know that won't really be a lot of time to do anything.The biggest issue will be having our luggage and carry on with us.

Thank you

Weekday? It will probably take you at least a hour to get from LAX to the port...possibly longer with traffic, or if you are on a shared shuttle like SuperShuttle. By the time you get your luggage you are unlikely to leave LAX before 8:30AM. Assuming you are flying into LAX since your post does not say. Different story for John Wayne or Long Beach airports.

You can usually check your luggage at the port as early as 10AM, although not board yet. You can go to the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium (short cab ride), or visit the Los Angeles Maritime Museum (take the trolley or walk), or the USS Iowa Museum (walk). If you want to spend more for a cab, you can cab over to Long Beach and visit the Aquarium of the Pacific.

Thank you for your advice. We will be flying into LAX and will take the Super Shuttle or Uber....haven't decided yet. We at thinking about seeing the USS Iowa but we will have our carry on luggage with us.....one bag a piece. Is there anywhere close to the port for a good breakfast?

Thanks again

Thank you for your advice. We will be flying into LAX and will take the Super Shuttle or Uber....haven't decided yet. We at thinking about seeing the USS Iowa but we will have our carry on luggage with us.....one bag a piece. Is there anywhere close to the port for a good breakfast?

Thanks again

Grinders is a typical coffee shop pretty much across the street from the port

(310) 832-1267

511 S Harbor Blvd

San Pedro, CA 90731

Check them out online