Princess Cays With Disabled Traveler

GolfMom321

(Also posted on the Disabled Cruise Traveler board)

We are booked on the Regal in February, and will be stopping at Princess Cays. My mom will be using a wheelchair, as she cannot walk long distances. She can walk a little, and do a few stairs.

We have reserved a bungalow, as that will give her a place to sit, A/C, and shade, all of which she needs. I understand that there is a cart that will bring her from the pier to the bungalow and back. I also see that beach wheelchairs are available on a first come/first served basis.

I have read up on the bungalow amenities, and gotten many conflicting answers (I imagine things do change over the years). Can anyone who has traveled recently (say, since April of 2014) help me out here?

1--how far is the BBQ area from the first bungalow?

2--what does the "gourmet" lunch entail? Is it necessary to order this in order for the food to be brought to the bungalow?

3--are there any activities that might be reasonable for a person with these limitations? My kids and I will do some snorkeling, but that's totally out of the question for mom.

4--can we use the aqua chairs or floats in the same lagoon as the snorkeling, or must we go to the separate swimming lagoon? (not for mom--that's ME asking!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by GolfMom321