Invergordon

arl_nocaps

Invergordon its self is a small local town you could walk round it in under an hour barring stopping for coffee or lunch.

Going North depending on your transport you could visit Glenmorangie and Clynelish Distillerys, Falls of Shin and Dunrobin Castle although not all of them. Dornoch is again a small local town but has some nice shops where you could get some souvenirs that are not the usual "tat" if the weather is nice and it's your thing you could walk along the beach to Embo.

Going South LOCH (never Lake) :eek: :) Ness is nice to visit but to really see the loch itself you would have to take a cruise on it you could however visit Drumnadrochit and go monster hunting :rolleyes: And yes it is Touristy. You could also visit Inverness and Culloden and the Black Isle including Cromarty and Hugh Millers house and Chanonry point near Fortrose to watch for dolphins. Again you could not do all of these.

The above is dependent on you either having your own transport or a private tour booked.

If doing a ships tour I would guess the options would be Dunrobin Castle and Dornoch OR Loch Ness.

Me! I would go North.