Abi Beach Excursion

Megizzle

Is purchasing the Abi Beach Excursion worth the $220 for my family of 4? Looks like a great beach day to me but I see more affordable beach options like taking a cab to a beach. I like the fact that it is less crowded. This is our first time in St. Thomas.

• 2 weeks later...

Went with my entire family. The beach is great and secluded. Our tour with 40 persons were the only ones on the beach. They supple lounge chains and there is plenty of shade. I know it is expensive but if you have small children they will not get lost in the crowd. Be aware that you must transfer from a pirate looking ship to a small dingy which deposits you near the beach. If you are not mobile don't go. Also the food there is really expensive ($12 for a hotdog) so you might want to bring your own lunch. We had a great time.

Thank you! We are excited about it. For that much $ you'd think lunch would be included :) Can you bring lunch from the ship with you? How bad were the mosquitoes?

Edited by Megizzle

• 4 months later...

I don't know if you've gone yet but they have an excursion now that is a full day, 5 hrs instead of 3.5 hrs, for $248 for a family of four. Our cruise is in September and we're thinking about doing it. They also include lunch with this one unlike the shorter one. If you go on resortforaday.com they have a resort on Morning Star beach (10 mins/$6pp) that will give you towels, chairs, umbrellas and access to their swimming pool/hot tub for about the same price. We were also thinking about doing that. Let me know what you decided on. Thanks!

We ended up going to Abi Beach and we were very disappointed. Beach was crowded, and service at the bar was terrible to say the least. Going to get a drink took a very long time waiting in line. The beach had a lot of coral in it so there was a small area for swimming and everyone was crowded together in that area. Wish we had saved our money and taken a cab to a beach. I know we would have had a better time.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to bump this up, since the posts are from last year. Has anyone done this in 2017?

I went to Abi Beach with my family when we stayed in St Thomas for a week this past April. We stayed for about 30 minutes before we decided to go to a different beach. It was small and not as nice as the other beaches. There are so many beautiful beaches on st Thomas and St. John I wouldn't recommend spending your only day in st Thomas at Abi Beach. Sapphire beach is wonderful, magans bay is beautiful but if you can do it I would skip St. Thomas altogether and go to St. John.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums