Campo Rico Ziplining

littlechief

Hello! My husband and 3 children will be in San Juan for the day. We would like to go ziplining and someone had recommended Campo Rico. I checked out their website and excursion looks like it will be fun! They have a zipline excursion that includes a cave rappel and an 8X8 vehicle ride. I didn't want to immediately book until further research and really couldn't find too much info here at CC.

I went on trip advisor and noticed that Carnival guests aren't able to book this excursion. I'm a bit confused because on the company site, there is no mention about Carnival cruisers not being able to book.

We normally book excursions on our own, but not opposed to booking through Carnival. They offer 2 excursions, but one is not possible because my daughter is too young. The other offers one that would work, but is about 45 minutes away. 2 out of 3 kids get car sick, so Campo Rico appeals to us because it is about 5 minutes away. Again, I haven't been able to gather too much info. It does not look like Carnival uses Campo Rico.

My CC friends have been great to me in the past and hoping can offer some advice for my day in Puerto Rico. Has any cruiser used Campo Rico in the past? Would love to hear about any experiences-good or bad. Any thoughts as to why Carnival cruisers can't book? I know I could go ahead and book through the company, but hesitated when I saw the info on trip advisor.

Thank you all for your help!

Dora

I can't really help much as to the specifics of the company or tours they do since I haven't taken part of any of their activities (like almost every PR local since they cater almost exclusively to hotel/cruise guests and basically don't advertise outside those areas). But the reason they cannot take passenger from Carnival cruises is more than likely because they are tour providers for Carnival. Carnival (as well as most, if not all cruise lines) does not run any tour operations per se. They have contracts with tour operators all over an Puerto Rico is no exception. Sometimes operators design a tour exclusively for the cruise line, sometimes they just sell their regular tours. But by contract, the operators cannot offer their services independently to passengers of the cruise line they're doing business with. At least not the same tours/services they offer the cruise line.

Thank you, Stinger-pr. I think I will personally contact the company and let them know I am a Carnival passenger. I will leave the decision up to the tour company. If it works out-great. If not, there are MANY other wonderful things the family and I could do in PR. Thanks again!!