Celebrity 1A vs 1C - smoking area?

bubbadogmom

I have a cruise booked on the Reflection March 28 - I'm a researcher so I searched all over here to get ideas for the best cabin. We were in 6242 - a Verandah - I know it has a bit of an obstructed view- from what I read it was a boat that ends at the bottom of the balcony, so not completely blocked. I read that the balcony was a bit bigger in that cabin, and I liked the location by the elevators.

I saw today that there was a price drop - I called and they said they could upgrade me to a 1A - 6239. I took a quick glance and it seemed to be ok, so I took it.

But then I checked on it - and I realized that it is on the other side of the ship and I have heard many people comment that they could smell the smoke as that side of the ship has the smoking area. I am very sensitive to smoke - hate it.......

So I called back and got my old room back - did I make a mistake? Was 6239 Category 1A that much better than 1C 6242??

Would appreciate thoughts or comments...

thx!

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with you original choice. I am betting when Celebrity priced that deck for the Solstice it was a 2C for cabin 6239 and then when they found out it was a preferred hump cabin they raised the category to make more money. Typical Celebrity thinking when they allowed smoking on deck 5 port side. I guess they didn't think when they are docked that smoke rises straight up. Someday they will only allow smoking above the cabin decks.