Electric Boat tour of BioLuminescent Bay

MTdreaming

We are wondering what tour operators people have used. We do not want to Kayak.. are a bit older and have some health issues. We were wondering if there is a tour that includes transportation of San Juan.. Thanks for your help. We are staying 3 days post cruise and it looks like the moon phase will be very good for viewing.

There are 2 electric boat operators that go into the biobay in Fajardo. Neither offers transportation to/from their point of departure for their tour. You have to get to Las Croabas on your own.

There are 2 electric boat operators that go into the biobay in Fajardo. Neither offers transportation to/from their point of departure for their tour. You have to get to Las Croabas on your own.

Thanks for the reply.. not the answer I wanted. I guess we could look into a taxi and then have the driver wait.. but that sounds expensive and maybe not what we want to do. We will have to consider.

That will cost more than renting a car. Taxi fare from San Juan to Fajardo is set be the government at $80 one way for up to 5 people. That doesn't include waiting the 3 or 4 hours the tour takes. Rent a car.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a group of 25 wanting to experience the waters. Most of us are older and would need the electric boats. I have tried to make contact several times but unfortunately, without any response. This is an event we do not want to miss. Does anyone know if the two companies (? names) are able to accommodate a large group?

Thanks

We just did the Bio Bay boat tour in mid January and each boat can only hold about 8 people I think. I am not sure if they have more than one boat??? I bet the best way would be to call them and actually talk to them about your group.

I have a group of 25 wanting to experience the waters. Most of us are older and would need the electric boats. I have tried to make contact several times but unfortunately, without any response. This is an event we do not want to miss. Does anyone know if the two companies (? names) are able to accommodate a large group?

Thanks

We will be doing the tour in April and there will be 7 of us, so I had the same issue. I spoke to the Bio Island and each boat only holds 6 people by law and Bio Island has 3 tours per night and there is only one boat per time slot. I believe their times are 6:15, 7:30 and 8:30. So, we had to book the 7:30 and 8:30 tours (2 adults in the first tour and 5 in the other.) Meanwhile, the ones that are waiting will have dinner in the restaurant in the area.

I don't remember the name of the other company, but I remember them having not so good reviews on TA.

• 3 months later...

We have also booked them for our November trip. The other company is Island Adventures BioBay Tours. They have a pontoon boat and the web site said the cost was $40. The Bio Island tours are $52.00 and far more intimate than Island Adventure. You can goggle these companies and check Trip Advisory to see if they would meet your needs. My info. is based on Internet searches and not personnel experiences. Enjoy!