bay islands beach resort and diving

endi302

• 1 month later...

I was trying to research this place myself. I found some reviews on TripAdvisor, but would love to hear from anyone who did this as a cruise ship excursion and how far it is from the dock area (to determine cost of taxi).

Here is the link for trip advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303874-d597425-Reviews-Bay_Islands_Beach_Resort-Sandy_Bay_Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

• 1 month later...

was there in Nov. 2006.

My wife and I had the place to ourselves Had to catch a taxi to the resort. The driver did not know where the resort was Stop twice to ask how to get there. The resort was a very well kept place. Found out that we were the only ones going snorkeling in fact we and a group of three who were going fishing were the only ones there.

Be sure to take a guide out with you. And take a lot of film and battries with you Seen all type s of marine life and coral formations

The lunch was good we had the chicken and rice was filling.

The beach there is narrow but clean The staff there were very friendly and helpful

After lunch went out snorkeling and used up the last of the film tooked over 6 rolls of film and use up 2 battries for my digital dive camra

thru both snorkels we did a totlal of four hours in the water would have stayed out longer but we ran of time and had to get back to our ship the Valor. Met the fishermen and we got back to the ship with 15 minutes to spare

We are planning to be back there in DEC 2010 or Jan 2011

Paul

Archived