Splendour of the Seas cabin configuration

pattle66

We are sailing in cabin 7118 on Splendour in a couple of weeks. It is a Superior Oceanview Stateroom. I am not sure what made me think of it but I just googled the cabin and some sites state it is for 3 guests only. We are 4 guests, 2 adults and 2 children.

Does anyone know if this cabin has a sofa bed and a Pullman (this is what we have had in the past when booking for 4 guests)?

If it only has a sofa, is it big enough for 2 people? The ship is now showing as fully booked and we are on b2b in this stateroom.

I am now worried about the kids sleeping in the same bed for the 2 cruises.

I will ring RCI on Monday but I thought so done on CC would know the answer.

I see on THIS WEBSITE that it is a sofa bed. If it is a true pull-out sofa bed, it is meant to accommodate 2 people, but I can understand if you are concerned with your kids sharing a bed.

When you get in touch with Royal Caribbean, see if they can email the ship and have someone check. I doubt the Customer Service Reps would have any more info than what you can find online.

Log on to RCI and in upper left select ships from Plan A Cruise link. Select Splendor deck plans and 7118 shows a triangle symbol which indicated sofa bed only. Can't tell how many the sofa will sleep but apparently no Pullman beds.

Thanks for responding Jacqueline. In the past when we have had a sofa bed and Pullman the sofa was very small. Are there different size sofa beds on board? I don't think the ones we have had would fit 2 people, even if they were kids.

I am glad I realised now and not once on board. I'll prewarn the kids and not let it negatively impact our holiday. It is a port intensive cruise so We won't be spending to much time in the cabin.

Jacqueline, I saw a post from a while ago where you asked about leaving the ship in Venice after you have embarked. Was it easy to check in and then go and explore Venice? We were planning on doing the same thing.

Thanks

Shellie

Hi Shellie (sorry I got your name wrong before!)

Yes, it was no problem whatsoever to leave the ship to walk around Venice. We had been there once before, and knew what to expect of Venice. We pretty much stayed in the neighborhoods nearby, and did not venture out to St Marks or the Rialto Bridge. I would say it was about a 20 minute walk from the ship, out of the port area to Piazzale Roma. We made sure we gave ourselves plenty of time to get back, just in case.

• 2 months later...