Marseille - Provence and Cassis

scungileen

We are a group of 7, possibly 9 and we want to tour Provence and Cassis while on our cruise vacation. Can anyone suggest a great tour guide and what they saw while visiting.

If you scroll through some pages on this bpard you will find some recommendations of guides other's have used. Some really recent posts.

We are a group of 7, possibly 9 and we want to tour Provence and Cassis while on our cruise vacation. Can anyone suggest a great tour guide and what they saw while visiting.

Cassis is a pretty town with a boat ride along the Calanques as a good option. After Nov1 it closes down almost a ghost town.

We are going to Provence in 2 weeks. Aix and Marseille with a wine tour added. Trip is from Toulon. My guide service got good marks for service but I would not post until after the trip. There will be many thoughts on this blog re. tours. Best way is to Google the area and decide what you want to see then research backwards for ideas from this board. That's a fun thing to do.

Cassis is a pretty town with a boat ride along the Calanques as a good option. After Nov1 it closes down almost a ghost town.

We are going to Provence in 2 weeks. Aix and Marseille with a wine tour added. Trip is from Toulon. My guide service got good marks for service but I would not post until after the trip. There will be many thoughts on this blog re. tours. Best way is to Google the area and decide what you want to see then research backwards for ideas from this board. That's a fun thing to do.

This is the same tour we have booked for May. My cousin is having a little trouble right now and sometimes uses a walker. He really believes he will not need the assistance by the time we cruise. I will be waiting for your review. Would you also include information about how someone with mobility issues would do?

Thank You

• 4 months later...

Oooohh what a pity I didn't see your comment before, I did a full day tour that Nancy arranged for us, we first went to Aix en Provence and as it was market day we were thrilled to discover all the local scents and flavors. Then we went to Cassis, stopped on the way for a wine sampling and enjoyed a wonderfull seafood lunch in Cassis. Our guide had scheduled a short boat outing to discover the cliffs but it was too windy. We had a wonderful day, for your future reference don't hesitate to contact Nancy at (nancy@southernfranceluxury.com) she will make all the arrangements for you.

Oooohh what a pity I didn't see your comment before, I did a full day tour that Nancy arranged for us, we first went to Aix en Provence and as it was market day we were thrilled to discover all the local scents and flavors. Then we went to Cassis, stopped on the way for a wine sampling and enjoyed a wonderfull seafood lunch in Cassis. Our guide had scheduled a short boat outing to discover the cliffs but it was too windy. We had a wonderful day, for your future reference don't hesitate to contact Nancy at (nancy@southernfranceluxury.com) she will make all the arrangements for you.

We are thinking of booking with Nancy for our day in Marseille. We would like to go to Cassis and then to a winery. Did you go to a winery on your tour? Would you recommend Aix en Provence? Did you get to see much of Marseille? Is there anything you would change about your tour? Thanks. Im sorry I know that is lots of questions.

Hello,

Yes we went to cassis it was market day so we went the market.

(The main market day in Aix is Saturdays what day will your cruiseship be arriving?)

We didn't do a boatride because the weather was bad.We went to admire the view from the cliffs by car after lunch we stopped at a winery.

On the way back to the cruise ship we drove by a few of the sights to see in Marseille.

My recommendation would be to have a quick lunch in Cassis in order to have more time to see things and to visit the winery.

Hello,

Yes we went to cassis it was market day so we went the market.

(The main market day in Aix is Saturdays what day will your cruiseship be arriving?)

We didn't do a boatride because the weather was bad.We went to admire the view from the cliffs by car after lunch we stopped at a winery.

On the way back to the cruise ship we drove by a few of the sights to see in Marseille.

My recommendation would be to have a quick lunch in Cassis in order to have more time to see things and to visit the winery.

I have a question for you. We contacted Nancy and scheduled a fantastic four for May. She is asking us to prepay which I'm not worried about however do you happen to know her cancellation policy. I wrote her but haven't received a reply. We are on the inaugural cruise with the Vista and just trying to cover basis in case it doesn't sail on time.

• 1 month later...
I have a question for you. We contacted Nancy and scheduled a fantastic four for May. She is asking us to prepay which I'm not worried about however do you happen to know her cancellation policy. I wrote her but haven't received a reply. We are on the inaugural cruise with the Vista and just trying to cover basis in case it doesn't sail on time.

Hi!) did you do your with Nancy, how was it?!

We are going to Toulon on Norwegian spirit may 8 ,2016

Can anyone suggest what better to do?