POA - Solo Traveler, need advice

JoSieSensi

Hello Everyone!

My first post here...

I have been reading, and reading, and reading... I am getting a little bit lost with all the great advise i am finding.

I am a young-heart 35 years old that will be traveling SOLO next July 3 for a one night pre-cruise in Oahu (plane is landing around 1:30pm) and 7 nights on the Pride of America.

I will take a transfers from Airport to Waikiki Grand Hotel. Upon arrival, I am planning to walk around Waikiki beach, see the most of it, find a TIKI BAR, have a cocktail (or more than one !!) and watch the sunset.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

The next morning, do you have any suggestions of what to do before going on the cruise?

My MAIN CONCERN/QUESTION to know is : Am I safe to use a different excursion company than NCL ? I see a lot of great prices online, better than NCL with more inclusions...

Then, here my planification for the entire week on POA.

Day 1 OAHU - Morning free in Oahu (suggestions?) and boarding POA.

Day 2 MAUI - Car rental in Maui to do the Hana Road

Day 3 MAUI - Car rental in Maui (any suggestions of what to do or see for the second day?)

Day 4 HILO, HAWAII - NCL excursion Volcano National Park & Rainbow falls.

(Should I take a different company and it would be cheaper?)

Day 5 KONA, HAWAII - I know it's a tender port. Should I just go and see what's around? I saw a great excursion (https://www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/BigIslandDolphinAndWhales.htm), dou you guys think it's worth it?

Day 6 - KAUAI - I haven't planned anything yet in Kauai. Do you suggest I also rent a car for 2 days here?

Day 7 KAUAI - Ship is leaving at 2:00pm. Shoulds I just take an AM excursions for beach & Snorkel? Or anything in mind?

Day 8 OAHU - My flight is leaving at 8:45pm. I wanted to go North Shore to see the Polynesian Center but i have been advised that I wouldn't be at the airport at time to take my flight. Any suggestions here again? I am not interested in Pearl Harbor at all and the cruise ship only suggest this, or Oahu Tour...

Again, thanks for all my questions. I will continue to read all the topics, take somes notes, but if you could help me by giving me direct advise it would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Hello Everyone!

My first post here...

I have been reading, and reading, and reading... I am getting a little bit lost with all the great advise i am finding.

I am a young-heart 35 years old that will be traveling SOLO next July 3 for a one night pre-cruise in Oahu (plane is landing around 1:30pm) and 7 nights on the Pride of America.

I will take a transfers from Airport to Waikiki Grand Hotel. Upon arrival, I am planning to walk around Waikiki beach, see the most of it, find a TIKI BAR, have a cocktail (or more than one !!) and watch the sunset.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

The next morning, do you have any suggestions of what to do before going on the cruise?

My MAIN CONCERN/QUESTION to know is : Am I safe to use a different excursion company than NCL ? I see a lot of great prices online, better than NCL with more inclusions...

Day 2 MAUI - Car rental in Maui to do the Hana Road

Day 3 MAUI - Car rental in Maui (any suggestions of what to do or see for the second day?)

(Should I take a different company and it would be cheaper?)

Day 5 KONA, HAWAII - I know it's a tender port. Should I just go and see what's around? I saw a great excursion (https://www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/BigIslandDolphinAndWhales.htm), dou you guys think it's worth it?

Day 6 - KAUAI - I haven't planned anything yet in Kauai. Do you suggest I also rent a car for 2 days here?

Day 7 KAUAI - Ship is leaving at 2:00pm. Shoulds I just take an AM excursions for beach & Snorkel? Or anything in mind?

Day 8 OAHU - My flight is leaving at 8:45pm. I wanted to go North Shore to see the Polynesian Center but i have been advised that I wouldn't be at the airport at time to take my flight. Any suggestions here again? I am not interested in Pearl Harbor at all and the cruise ship only suggest this, or Oahu Tour...

Again, thanks for all my questions. I will continue to read all the topics, take somes notes, but if you could help me by giving me direct advise it would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Hey there...I'm going on the same cruise July 4th! You should come over to our Roll Call board. I am traveling with my 7 year old daughter and have booked all our fun stuff (catamaran, zip lining, aerial tour) through private companies. It is supe safe to do so you just need to do your research and make sure you allow yourself enough time to get back to the ship. What activities are you interested in? Also, I would suggest renting a car everyday except maybe that last day in Kauai. I have booked a flight around the island that will pick us up near the port and return us by 1pm. As for the tiki bar, if you want to wait to do that one until after the cruise on Saturday, that is my plan and we could share a cab maybe? I will linger on the ship until they kick me off (10am-ish) then take a cab over to La Mariana (oldest tiki bar around) for lunch/cocktails before heading back to airport (we have a 3pm flight). Maybe you could go see the palace, too? I think heading to the North Shore is too risky....traffic is bad and I'd hate for you to miss your flight. Where are you flying?

Hey Kristinar,

I will go and introduce myself of the Roll Call. :)

It was one of my dream to come to Hawaii, but I need to leave my 8 years old daughter home :( so sad... It will be a great trip for you two :)

I have only 2 excursions already booked which is Volcano and Rainbow falls in HILO and also the LUAU Kalamaku the first day in Kauai.

I wanted to do something different on each spot I was visiting.

Oahu (tiki bar, beach, sunset, shopping, ect...)

Maui (Hana Road the first day, swimming with turtles the second day but I need to find WHERE is the best spot to actually see them!)

Hilo (Volcano excursion)

Kona (not sure yet)

Kauai (I was hoping to get an answer for a photo tour in Kauai during the day + Luau at night)

Kauai day 2 (i don't know yet)

And yes! It would be amazing to meet and do the La Mariana for lunch and cocktails before leaving home.

I am fliyng from Québec, Canada on July 3rd, staying at Waikiki Grand Hotel and leaving on July 11th.

Hey Kristinar,

I will go and introduce myself of the Roll Call. :)

It was one of my dream to come to Hawaii, but I need to leave my 8 years old daughter home :( so sad... It will be a great trip for you two :)

I have only 2 excursions already booked which is Volcano and Rainbow falls in HILO and also the LUAU Kalamaku the first day in Kauai.

I wanted to do something different on each spot I was visiting.

Oahu (tiki bar, beach, sunset, shopping, ect...)

Maui (Hana Road the first day, swimming with turtles the second day but I need to find WHERE is the best spot to actually see them!)

Hilo (Volcano excursion)

Kona (not sure yet)

Kauai (I was hoping to get an answer for a photo tour in Kauai during the day + Luau at night)

Kauai day 2 (i don't know yet)

And yes! It would be amazing to meet and do the La Mariana for lunch and cocktails before leaving home.

I am fliyng from Québec, Canada on July 3rd, staying at Waikiki Grand Hotel and leaving on July 11th.

We are searching the turtles out as well in Maui...have a call in to one of my local friends there for best beaches, will keep you posted. We are doing the "big kahuna" air tour (a company valled Air Ventures, 70 mins on plane, not helicopter) but on the second day not the first. I plan on turning in my rental Thursday eve.

There will be fireworks on the other end of the beach from you on Friday night (just a 7 minute show but fun!). How long is the flight from Quebec? you might be quite tired and a little lagged but maybe a hike in Diamond Head early Saturday would be fun for you as you are staying right next door practically?

We are searching the turtles out as well in Maui...have a call in to one of my local friends there for best beaches, will keep you posted. We are doing the "big kahuna" air tour (a company valled Air Ventures, 70 mins on plane, not helicopter) but on the second day not the first. I plan on turning in my rental Thursday eve.

There will be fireworks on the other end of the beach from you on Friday night (just a 7 minute show but fun!). How long is the flight from Quebec? you might be quite tired and a little lagged but maybe a hike in Diamond Head early Saturday would be fun for you as you are staying right next door practically?

Let me know if you find the best spot for the turtles!! After all my trips, I never got the chance to swim with them !!

Flight from Montreal is about 10-12 hours with 1 connector. Plus there is a 6hrs jet lag which is not that much. I will land HNL around 1:30pm, which gives me plenty time to go around and see the fireworks (which I LOVE!!!)

Do you know if there is something special foor the ''4th of July''?

Hello Everyone!

My first post here...

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Day 2 MAUI - Car rental in Maui to do the Hana Road The Road to Hana is beautiful. If you get tired of the drive, you can always just turn around and maybe go up country and check some things out, or to Paia town. I've heard lots of great things about it.

Day 3 MAUI - Car rental in Maui (any suggestions of what to do or see for the second day?)'Iao Valley is one of my favorite places on Maui, but it certainly wouldn't take up all of your 2nd day. We saw 'Iao and then went on to spend the rest of our 1st day in Lahaina. I wasn't thrilled with Lahaina (though it was great 25 years ago when I was there) and I wished we would've kept on driving up to the Nakalele blow hole. If you do this, turn around and come back the same way you went; the road that continues on past Nakalele will make the Road to Hana look like child's play.

(Should I take a different company and it would be cheaper?) Rent a car and drive yourself; it is so easy! But if you don't want to do that, I'm pretty sure others on here will have suggestions.

Day 5 KONA, HAWAII - I know it's a tender port. Should I just go and see what's around? I saw a great excursion (https://www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/BigIslandDolphinAndWhales.htm), dou you guys think it's worth it? In Kona we just tendered over and walked around. Sorry, no suggestions.

Day 6 - KAUAI - I haven't planned anything yet in Kauai. Do you suggest I also rent a car for 2 days here? We rented a car the 1st day and drove north up to the Kilauea Wildlife Refuge, and then on to Hanalei. We went to the Hanalei pier, then stopped at the Hanalei Valley overlook. We continued on to Lumaha'i beach and Ha'ena beach and explored the dry caves right across the street from Ha'ena. On the other hand, our sister-and-brother in law rented a car and went up to Waimea Canyon, stopping at Wailua Falls on their way back.

Day 7 KAUAI - Ship is leaving at 2:00pm. Shoulds I just take an AM excursions for beach & Snorkel? Or anything in mind? The 2nd day we just went to Kalapaki beach, which is about a 10 minute walk or a very short, free trolley ride from the pier.

Hope you have an amazing time no matter what you do!:)

Captain Zodiacs tour in Kona is freaking awesome. It was a really, really good time. The ride was much easier than I was expecting and the snorkeling was amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD