Mayan Cultural Experience?

bell2

Hi has anyone done the Mayan Cultural Experience(esp with Princess)? We are travelling with a grandma who uses a walker and it doesn't look like we would be able to do any of the ruins here or in Belize with her, and she'd have to tender there.

Also if you have any other suggestions for good excursions here or in Cozumel for her please let me know.

Thanks,

Cathy

As I recall, there's quite a bit of unpaved walking at the two closest ruins sites, especially from the parking lots. You can climb around a bit at Chacchoben but not at Kohunlich, IIRC.

For Coz, you may wish to look at a "hire a driver for the day" and do a nice tour of the island. Enjoy a nice lunch at one of the places on the East side, go to the Kaokao Chocolate store in San Miguel, maybe stop at the Tequila Factory on the Transversal Road back to town. There's a smaller site of ruins at San Gervasio that can be viewed somewhat from the information center. Drivers also know places to shop for certain items without paying cruiseport pier or downtown plaza prices.

Edited by crewsweeper

We had a great time at Kohunlich. The ruins are amazing. We were allowed to climb on one of the structures.

My wife put a slide show together for her website with some of the pictures she took on our cruise line sponsored tour. Here is a link in case you are interested in seeing pictures.

Kohunlich Mayan Ruins Tour

Merry Christmas and Happy Cruising!

• 5 months later...
Hi has anyone done the Mayan Cultural Experience(esp with Princess)? We are travelling with a grandma who uses a walker and it doesn't look like we would be able to do any of the ruins here or in Belize with her, and she'd have to tender there.

Also if you have any other suggestions for good excursions here or in Cozumel for her please let me know.

Thanks,

Cathy

My 85 year old sister and my 77 year old sister and I will be there this November 2015. did you go? how much walking was involved? thanks