Herods Land and Sea Tour - How strenuous is it?

vuz98

Good Morning,

We are considering the Herod's Land and Sea tour in St. Lucia and my in-laws are thinking of accompanying us. They are in their mid and late 70's and I have some concerns about the level of endurance they will need for the long day. Specific concerns are long distances of walking, any climbing, or anything else that might be strenuous. They are fairly active, they ride bikes regularly and do some walking but my father in law has had some major issues with lower back pain, recently had epidurals with some relief, but has been very active all of his life prior to this. My mother in law has issues with walking long distances. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

We took Herod's land and sea tour two weeks ago and loved it! Herod has a big air conditioned van for the land portion, and there isn't any long distance or strenuous hiking, he will drop you off within a couple hundred yards of all the sights. The sea portion, although in a smallish boat isn't difficult either. DH walks with a cane and has definite mobility issues but had no problems at all. They should be fine.

Jojo

We took Herod's land and sea tour two weeks ago and loved it! Herod has a big air conditioned van for the land portion, and there isn't any long distance or strenuous hiking, he will drop you off within a couple hundred yards of all the sights. The sea portion, although in a smallish boat isn't difficult either. DH walks with a cane and has definite mobility issues but had no problems at all. They should be fine.

Jojo

Thank you so much for the prompt reply, this certainly looks doable for them!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This tour is a JOKE stay away![/quote

This is the 2nd time I have read you posting this. We are booked with Ambrose tours, but now I am second guessing myself because I would like to see more of the "land/island" and Herod is cheaper. What makes you warn to stay away? :confused:

• 11 months later...
This tour is a JOKE stay away![/quote

This is the 2nd time I have read you posting this. We are booked with Ambrose tours, but now I am second guessing myself because I would like to see more of the "land/island" and Herod is cheaper. What makes you warn to stay away? :confused:

Just curious about which tour you ended up doing and if you enjoyed it. Trying to decide between Cosol, Ambrose or Herod.

Thanks.

Just curious about which tour you ended up doing and if you enjoyed it. Trying to decide between Cosol, Ambrose or Herod.

Thanks.

We went with Ambrose. I have to tell you, it was probably the BEST excursion we have ever taken. Mind you, we are not adventurous people and are more park our fannies on a beach people with the occasional jump in a van and tour the island. We just had the BEST time. Saw some of the island first in a van, stopped off at a little shack for a "lunch." I can't remember that much of it, but I do remember the potato salad was very good! Transferred from a van to speed boat. Went to Jalosie (sp?) Beach and swam and drank, then had another sight seeing adventure in the boat on the way back to the ship. We are going to St. Martin in January. Have already done the land excursion and I am looking at a boat excursion similar to Ambrose, but everything will be compared to him. Mind you, I have nothing to really compare him to, but it was worth every penny and I would do it again if we ever went back to St. Lucia. Just FYI the speed boat ride is FAST, so if you would have a problem with that beware.