Dance and Dancing

danceguy

Dancing has been disappointing on my previous cruises, but I have usually been on older ships. Not enough room, wrong kind of music, hard to find dancers who know how to dance! I am wondering if the larger and more modern ships are better equipped for it - Royal Caribbean, HAL and NCL Caribbean cruises departing south Florida in November and December. Any input as to which ship and line would be most appropriate would be appreciated! Dance is my passion, and though I teach it it would also be nice to find ladies who already know swing and or ballroom and or latin - just to dance! :)

I hear you danceguy ...too bad we weren't on same ship.Ha Ha! My husband doesn't really like dancing and gets up only because he knows how much I love it, he doesn't even mind if I am asked to dance with others who also enjoy dancing.I especially like to swing to big band music, actually, I love all dancing and feel "HAPPY" every time the opportunity to do so, comes along.

To answer your question, you may want to look into Holland America as they have some of the dance pros from Dancing with the Stars joining the odd cruise and I would think that would attract women who maybe can dance already. Any of the ships I have been on, do not have the room to perform a big flowing waltz, but maybe a tight cha cha. I don't know if this has even addressed any of your questions, hope so. Good luck and keep on dancing!

Edited by lilabet
addressing tp wrong name

Do NOT go on Holland America. I was with a dance group on Oosterdam a few years ago- they put sticky gunk on the dance floor, you could actually hear your shoes pulling loose. We were always the only people left after 10 PM, and I recall the music as being "dull, dreary, stuff for my grandparents". Not sure if it was on Cruise Critic or elsewhere, but I also recall someone lamenting how bad the DWTS theme was.

Edited by Dancer Bob