Britannia St Lucia -St Lucia 2016-2017

HELEN HENRY

Has anyone else received an e-mail advertising the following below.

>NEW P&O Britannia St Lucia Caribbean Fly Cruises on sale from 14th of October 2016

From October 2016-March 2017 7 nights

From October 2016-March 2017 14 nights

Embarking St Lucia Disembarking St Lucia.

>NEW P&O Britannia St Lucia Caribbean Fly Cruises on sale from 14th of October 2016

Yes, but no new ports.

7 night fly in to St Lucia fly back from Barbados or Barbados fly back St Lucia.

14 night fly St Lucia and back from there.

Also transatlantics are 22 nights could be more of interest ?

Seems strange they have released these when the original cruises have already been on sale since April this year...I'm wondering I'd perhaps they are having problems filling britannia..what about people already booked on the existing dates? I've also heard that flying into And out of St LuCia is not a very good experience. I wouldn't consider 7 nights in the Caribbean the flights are too long for such a short time...all seems a little strange to me

Seems strange they have released these when the original cruises have already been on sale since April this year...I'm wondering I'd perhaps they are having problems filling britannia..what about people already booked on the existing dates? I've also heard that flying into And out of St LuCia is not a very good experience. I wouldn't consider 7 nights in the Caribbean the flights are too long for such a short time...all seems a little strange to me

When we did around Britain on Britannia there was enough capacity on the ship for a large embarkation at Liverpool complete with muster and all. So effectively all those cabins were empty for half the cruise. Can't remember how many but it was quite a big number.

Not received it Pat, tell us more, like can you do a 21nighter for instance? Sounds a bit like the figure of eight cruises they were doing a couple of years ago on Azura in the Caribbean:cool:

A few have mentioned the cruise terminal is well over an hour from the airport up hill and down dell, so to speak

Ahh, I see. I thought that the flight in was being referred to, not the journey to the cruise terminal.

I was on a normal holiday when I went, and to be fair we did have an hours minibus ride through some small dilapidated villages to get to our resort. It certainly showed the other side to life there, harsh, a lot of poverty and unforgiving.

I heard from someone working in the industry (other cruise line), that P&O had already contracted for the air service to the Carribbean for winter 16/17 on the basis that they had Britannia docking in Barbados one weekend then Azura and Adonia the following.

Now with Adonia moving to fathom, they have spare air capacity on the weekends that Britannia is not in Barbados and are using it to try and ensure that Britannia is full to the seems rather than incur the cost for empty planes sat on the Tarmac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk