Anyone heard about knowjamaica tours?

kbimommy

I did a lot of research and from what I can tell, they are about the highest rated private tour operator. Therefore I've booked with them for May. Marva has been very, very responsive via email and I'm greatly looking fwd to it. We have 12 in our group signed up for her.

We have used them twice and plan to do so again in April. They are wonderful! We haven't been in a few years yet she keeps up with me on FB and checks in with me when she knows the weather is bad or something happens on the news! LOVE HER!

We used Marva & her son Javia when we sailed to Ocho Rios in 2007. We had a fantastic day & she was the first person I contacted when we decided to cruise again in May. She will be picking us up from Falmouth & is planning a day for us heading to Montego Bay this time. Highly recommend her services.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, I have heard nothing but great things about them via my friends, trip advisor and now here!!

Everything was so good that I just booked with them to go to the blue hole and Scotchies in April of next year!!!

Soon come!

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I have used Knowjamaica.com with Marva and Javia Shaw. Marva was our tour guide and she was awesome. She has a great sense of humor and very knowledgeable of Jamaica history. She adjust our tour by what we wanted to do. We wanted to meet Carl the Spice Guy and have some sugar cane. She went above and beyond what was listed as our excursion. We are planning to be back in Jamaica in a couple of years and can't wait to plan another excursion with knowjamaica.com

Just curious...did you all still tip after the excursion, or do you assume it's included in price? This is 1st time I've booked one directly really and will pay cash.

We used them in 2007 (I know a long time ago) & I believe we tipped them $40-$50. It was my DH, myself, & our 2 kids & we had both Marva & Javia. He was just starting to work with his mother. We felt the private tour of the island & everything they showed us & took us too was top notch. Had a wonderful day with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
did you try through facebook? That's how we booked this year and exchanged all our e-mails too. :)

Thanks for that suggestion. She emailed me back last night. All is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

What a great time we just had with knowjamaica tours. Some comments/advice:

1. after leaving the ship, and following the herd, make sure to go toward the right and head to the red roofed building...that's where you meet the private tours

2. bring extra cash...we had brought $80 add'l and by the time we tipped everyone, bought the video, etc, we basically had nothing left for lunch, ha

3. we stopped at Bamboo Blu beach aftwards, which was great since it wasn't crowded..however, do not do lunch there...make sure you follow Marva's original advice and get some lunch at side of the road, Smootchies??

4. on way to Dunns River, we pulled along side of road and experienced their cocunut water..we got extra straws so everyone in our group could try it....didn't need a laxative at the time of the trip, ha..it was just $2

5. Marva is so caring about the quality of service, she actually had the driver hand us his phone twice so she could talk with me to see how things were going, and how it went at the very end

If we ever go back, I will definitely use their service again!

Btw....2 other parties within my group did tours with Liberty/Ricardo. They both loved their services as well. However, one did horse back riding and tubing, and they did not like the horse back riding at all. Tubing the white river was awesome they said as they were about only ones there. The other group did the secret blue hole and absolutely loved it, especially for the adventuresome.

• 9 months later...

Had an incredible time in Jamaica. Booked private tour with knowjamaica.com for 4 of us. Javia was wonderful and really made this one of our favorite tours of all time. He asked if we had any specific plans and we told him we just wanted to see his island. I did request that we eat at the Pork Pit. We stopped at a beautiful beach and took some great pictures. Then we just drove around and enjoyed all the scenery. We eventually made our way to the Pork Pit for lunch, it was amazing. We asked javia to take us shopping but we did not want to be bothered with the aggressive locals. We stopped at a shopping mall and had a great experience. He took us to a coffee shop, Rose Hall, an dhe even climbed up a tree to grab some leaves for us to smell the Allspice. My sister wanted to see some sugar cane so he stopped on a side street and bought a bag of sugar cane for us to try. He showed us how to eat it. All along the tour, Javia was taking pictures of us. It was just a great day. His mom, Marva, called to check on us and make sure we were having a great time. We will book with Marva and Javia on every trip to Jamaica from this point on.